• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA's response to AA's union busting tactics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When do you feel a contract will be reached?

I know it is amendable in May 2008, but are we looking at 2010 before we see how unfied APA is?

To me, the biggest wildcard in '08 is the Presidential election. I'm wondering if the Republican majority on the NMB will tell us to kiss off, put their feet on the desk and say they'll talk to us in '09.

The open hostility for labor from the "alleged" Republicans of the last 7 years, will probably continue to the bitter end.

To me, the biggest wildcard in '08 is the Presidential election. I'm wondering if the Republican majority on the NMB will tell us to kiss off, put their feet on the desk and say they'll talk to us in '09.

The open hostility for labor from the "alleged" Republicans of the last 7 years, will probably continue to the bitter end.

The answer is yes. Check out their bios on nmb.gov

Just to give everyone a little history clarification, Clinton "ordered" the PEB, but the fact was APA President Jim Sovich, (a worthless, junior pilot sodomizing P.O.S.), ASKED Clinton for the PEB.
He was witnessed calling Clinton's Chief of Staff ,Bruce Lindsey, at the beginning of the strike, speeding dialing as a matter of fact.
How else could a midnight strike be ended in 20 minutes?

That night of the strike in 1996, APA was as unified as it could get. Sovich gutted our momentum and brought us a TA that gave up the RJ's (f-ing the entire industry) and kept a 7 year B-Scale (3 or none was the standard at the time).

We will get a PEB for sure this time with Bush, but everyone will stand fast and be ready for it this time.

One small correction. In 1993 Delta beat you to it regarding f-ing the entire industry by being the first major airline to let the RJ's on the property in the first place.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back