APA's Prez Throws Down on Management

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pylut said:
you like labels and observations do you? try this one out for size...

aa punk

Man thats really hitting below the belt. It's also not true since I have since left AA and will not be going back.

Not a single mention about pilot recalls. Sadly, the pilot group as a whole is as greedy as management. Hypocracy at its finest.

How can management get a bonus when everyone has taken pay cuts?
How can APA demand a pay raise while almost 3000 pilots are unemployed?

Management pay - millions.
Pilot pay - 100s of thousands.
Furloughed pilot pay - zip, zero, nada.

Go APA!

Big Slick said:
Not a single mention about pilot recalls. Sadly, the pilot group as a whole is as greedy as management. Hypocracy at its finest.

How can management get a bonus when everyone has taken pay cuts?
How can APA demand a pay raise while almost 3000 pilots are unemployed?

Management pay - millions.
Pilot pay - 100s of thousands.
Furloughed pilot pay - zip, zero, nada.

Go APA!

Sorry to say with AA parking planes and the likely Age 60 rule going to 65, it is going to be awhile for recalls. Just guessing but 2008/9 before the first man is recalled? The good thing is it will probably be pretty quick to go through the list since most folks have moved on to greener pastures.. FedEX, SWA, etc... And the thought of 18 days of reserve in NY makes most sick!:puke:

Another example of why you never give in to management or listen to their empty promises. They will never reward the real people that turn the company around.

AA management has shown their true colors again--

"In a rather transparent attempt to defend his own six-figure bonus, Captain Hettermann has vigorously argued that senior managers need millions of dollars in bonuses to keep their head in the game."

Hmmmm... I guess since they have to give big money to the management to "keep their head in the game" the pilots (doing without any increased compensation) will probably forget to taxi with one engine or immediately shut down the APU on taxi out. Maybe they'll forget to call off until they are within 2 hours and 1 minute when they are sick. Maybe they will forget to climb to a higher altitude to save gas.

I wonder how much this will cost the company?

I said it when TWA management was dicking with us and it still applies: 'The hand that rocks the throttle, rules the airline' (appologies to William Ross Wallace... )TC

Last edited:
"Not a single mention about pilot recalls. "
Recall to what?
To get to work side-by-side Dangerkitty, no thanks, I'll gladly keep my current job.

B6Driver said:
To get to work side-by-side Dangerkitty, no thanks, I'll gladly keep my current job.

How many times do I have to state this? I dont fly for AA anymore and I am not going back. It aint that hard to understand.

Latest resources

Back