• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA walks out of negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Instead of coming to the negotiation session to actually negotiate, the company reps went into a diatribe against AA pilots. Sounds like it was evident to the APA reps that the company had no intentions (as has been the case for two years) to actually conduct a negotiation session, and so the APA reps had more productive things to do than sit and be lambasted by the company.

This is just a continuation of the stall campaign by the company to drag out the negotiations as long as possible and wear the pilot group down. Ask yourself, "Who benefits from delaying an agreement?" Ans: The company. Company positions keep changing and moving even farther away from center. They have not even made a pay proposal yet. Just demands for much higher work hours, productivity, but no proposal on pay. This after 2 years. All right out of the union busting playbook.

Once the new administration comes into office, I expect the tone of the mediators to take a more balanced view rather than the company-centric one that exists now. There needs to be some very big changes throughout the National Mediation Board.

Suggested reading: Flying the Line, and Confessions of a Union Buster.

Check apanegotiations.com for the real story of what's going on.

Last edited:
Give 'em hell, fellas. Eventually, but not sure when, these folks are going to realize that paying people while treating them fairly is a cost of doing business. The alternative is far too expensive in the long run. I hope the pilots break it off in Arpey.:bomb:

If only CALALPA had balls like that. Instead they are the vagina for management.

I WISH DAL ALPA have 1/16 of the balls.

MOAK IS A JOKE. I can't wait to vote in some of the NWA ALPA leadership over here.

I WISH DAL ALPA have 1/16 of the balls.

MOAK IS A JOKE. I can't wait to vote in some of the NWA ALPA leadership over here.

If NWA ALPA is so great what do you have to show for it??? You've never had a leading industry contract, ever...
You've pissed on each other and fought amongst yourselves and nothing more to show then red, blue and green book.. Wow, one more color and you can call yourselves the rainbow gang. LMAO!!!
Get real....

Pilot unions will be useless until the NMB actually releases a union to strike that does not get blocked by a president, or someone has the guts to conduct an illegal strike.

Pilot unions will be useless until the NMB actually releases a union to strike that does not get blocked by a president, or someone has the guts to conduct an illegal strike.
I'm sorry my friend, you must play by the rules (Created by THE MAN no less...)

Latest resources

Back