• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

APA walks out of negotiations

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
Instead of coming to the negotiation session to actually negotiate, the company reps went into a diatribe against AA pilots. Sounds like it was evident to the APA reps that the company had no intentions (as has been the case for two years) to actually conduct a negotiation session, and so the APA reps had more productive things to do than sit and be lambasted by the company.

This is just a continuation of the stall campaign by the company to drag out the negotiations as long as possible and wear the pilot group down. Ask yourself, "Who benefits from delaying an agreement?" Ans: The company. Company positions keep changing and moving even farther away from center. They have not even made a pay proposal yet. Just demands for much higher work hours, productivity, but no proposal on pay. This after 2 years. All right out of the union busting playbook.

Once the new administration comes into office, I expect the tone of the mediators to take a more balanced view rather than the company-centric one that exists now. There needs to be some very big changes throughout the National Mediation Board.

Suggested reading: Flying the Line, and Confessions of a Union Buster.

Check apanegotiations.com for the real story of what's going on.

Last edited:

Dude

Primer oficial
Total Time
10000+
Give 'em hell, fellas. Eventually, but not sure when, these folks are going to realize that paying people while treating them fairly is a cost of doing business. The alternative is far too expensive in the long run. I hope the pilots break it off in Arpey.:bomb:

mamba20

Do what now?
Total Time
If only CALALPA had balls like that. Instead they are the vagina for management.

jester757

Total Time
Huh?
If only CALALPA had balls like that. Instead they are the vagina for management.

I WISH DAL ALPA have 1/16 of the balls.

MOAK IS A JOKE. I can't wait to vote in some of the NWA ALPA leadership over here.

Muskycat

Total Time
10000+
I WISH DAL ALPA have 1/16 of the balls.

MOAK IS A JOKE. I can't wait to vote in some of the NWA ALPA leadership over here.

If NWA ALPA is so great what do you have to show for it??? You've never had a leading industry contract, ever...
You've pissed on each other and fought amongst yourselves and nothing more to show then red, blue and green book.. Wow, one more color and you can call yourselves the rainbow gang. LMAO!!!
Get real....

NEDude

yada yada yada
Total Time
6000+
Pilot unions will be useless until the NMB actually releases a union to strike that does not get blocked by a president, or someone has the guts to conduct an illegal strike.

CopilotDoug

Captain of Industry
Total Time
Done!
Pilot unions will be useless until the NMB actually releases a union to strike that does not get blocked by a president, or someone has the guts to conduct an illegal strike.
I'm sorry my friend, you must play by the rules (Created by THE MAN no less...)

pdub20s

Total Time
Give 'em hell, fellas. Eventually, but not sure when, these folks are going to realize that paying people while treating them fairly is a cost of doing business. The alternative is far too expensive in the long run. I hope the pilots break it off in Arpey.:bomb:

No! No! No! You dont have to taxi behind these guys in JFK like I do.. :crying:

J/K Fight on APA!!!! :uzi:

Total Time
I hope to God for all our sake that the APA gets a damn good contract that they deserve.

jetflier

Total Time
lot's
If NWA ALPA is so great what do you have to show for it??? You've never had a leading industry contract, ever...
You've pissed on each other and fought amongst yourselves and nothing more to show then red, blue and green book.. Wow, one more color and you can call yourselves the rainbow gang. LMAO!!!
Get real....

Hey Musk,

Check your facts... 1998 we went on strike, and came back with an industry leading contract with the smallest mainline A/C the DC9 paying $193.00 per hour. Just two summers ago, a lot of our pilots got sick and as a result the company offered us a lot of contract improvements to get the well pilots to fly on their days off.

Now, what exactly have you or your really powerful MEC done when your pilot group was being treated unfair?........(inquiring minds want to know):)

NEDude

yada yada yada
Total Time
6000+
I'm sorry my friend, you must play by the rules (Created by THE MAN no less...)

Imagine if those who started unions in the USA back in the 1800s had the same attitude...

Cobraair75drvr

Total Time
12000+
Musky,

Who do you work for so we can compare what each group has done and not done??? I understand your anger somewhat by looking at the avro, saab and metro. My guess is former mesaba with a very large chip against mainline NWA. Sorta like Joe Merchant is with Delta.

Get real....