• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA takes a stand: no xray, no public pat down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA and balls....uhmmm..no they are still developing their 8 yr plan on a nationwide security standard for their pilots. Expect a final report in 10 more years......

As previous poster said. ALPA already made their statement. They don't want to rock the boat, and possibly endanger their great contacts in the government. Miss out on all those great dinners and parties up on capital hill. (Think Worthless made this claim as one reason for him to stay as prez...)

ALPA and balls....uhmmm..no they are still developing their 8 yr plan on a nationwide security standard for their pilots. Expect a final report in 10 more years......

As previous poster said. ALPA already made their statement. They don't want to rock the boat, and possibly endanger their great contacts in the government. Miss out on all those great dinners and parties up on capital hill. (Think Worthless made this claim as one reason for him to stay as prez...)

Yeah, Napolitano (the scum-sucking politician, not the Judge) won't invite the ALPoliticians to her cocktail parties if they don't toe the line.

Yessum...

TC

Here's ALPA's statement, given on 22 Oct 2010

ALPA "acknowledges" the problem and is "urging" airlines to adopt CrewPass. Powerful, take-no-prisoners words from an organization "representing 53,000 pilots at 38 airlines in the U.S. and Canada."

October 22, 2010 - The Air Line Pilots Association Int’l. (ALPA) fully supports effective airline passenger security screening. In fact, ALPA played a key role in influencing the federal government to mandate passenger screening in the early 1970s.

Recently, the use of Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) as a security screening tool has raised privacy and other concerns in North America and around the world. ALPA acknowledges the reservations and concerns that some have expressed about the use of AIT. Countering these issues, however, is the fact that AIT can provide a significantly greater level of security than do walk-through metal detectors to keep improvised explosive devices and other threat objects off of airline aircraft.

Looking to the future, ALPA is advocating for the development of a trust-based security system that will focus on determining whether an individual possesses hostile intent using threat-object detection technology as a supplement to the screening process. Once implemented, this system will help reduce the need for use of invasive screening methods for the vast majority of the traveling public.

Responding to a Congressional mandate, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has already endorsed one component of a threat-based security system by approving implementation of the ALPA-conceived Crew Personnel Advanced Screening System (CrewPASS). CrewPASS, a dedicated security screening process for flight crewmembers, validates the identity and confirms the employment status of crewmembers in real time. ALPA has obtained the required approval from TSA for nationwide CrewPASS implementation; the Association is urging each carrier to make this system available for use of their flight crewmembers.

http://www.alpa.org/Portals/Alpa/PressRoom/PressReleases/2010/PassengerScreening_10-22-10.htm

Last edited:
APA made a stand, so I think we should simply all heed that. No AIT for this gent!

I'll be opting out of being zapped by the AIT. I'm glad APA stepped up to the plate. Of course, once again, I'm disappointed in ALPA just bending over and taking it.

I'll be opting out of being zapped by the AIT. I'm glad APA stepped up to the plate. Of course, once again, I'm disappointed in ALPA just bending over and taking it.

......not to be confused with surprised though. :D

Latest resources

Back