• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA takes a stand: no xray, no public pat down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone in the industry should get their groups to adopt this standard and if necessary shut down the airline industry for a day to illustrate the absurdity of the TSA procedures for flight crewmembers that are in CASS.

Somehow I detect sarcasm in the above post, but I just can't pin point it. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Everyone in the industry should get their groups to adopt this standard and if necessary shut down the airline industry for a day to illustrate the absurdity of the TSA procedures for flight crewmembers that are in CASS.

The only way we (the public) are going to get these things out of our airports is a concerted effort to have EVERYONE opt out.

Stage an "opt out" day for those traveling on one of the busiest days of the year (close to Thanksgiving or Christmas) and watch the chaos ensue. You'll have the ATA screaming so loud in Washington that maybe they'll finally get the picture that we don't want or need them to make air travel safe.

I disagree, we do indeed need the TSA and the ATA to make air travel as safe as it can be, but subjecting Flight Crews to pat downs and AIT won't do anything to further that goal.

It's eyewash for the masses, particularly since so many unscreened people have access to the planes

It's eyewash for the masses, particularly since so many unscreened people have access to the planes

I'm not sure it is eyewash so much as there is no where else we can go. The TSA has made provisions for alternate screening for pilots other than the 100% bag-check line. They have been quite reasonable with this I think. There is another way (as Yoda said).

In fact, there are several airports that have implemented alternate screening with great success because the airport or the airline wanted to do it and followed all the proper protocols. As always it comes down to money, though.

Why should they do it if there is nothing to be gained--by them. If the pilots are getting to the planes on time and the passengers aren't complaining, it doesn't even register with them as something that needs to be done.

If the planes don't push on time or the public gets tired of this nonsense of us jumping in front of them, only then will they even look up from the balance sheet to see what the fuss is about.

Densoo,

Yes, there is another way, but even though it was mandated by Congress, airlines keeps dragging their feet on the issue. Nor do I see the people in charge, DHS, pushing the issue.

So, we are stuck with what we got, untill a change is forced. However, untill that change happens, Aircrews should never be required to walk through the AIT.

TSA does not even do through background checks on their own employees. I see the crime rate for rape's going up because of the fact that the images are x-rated. Do I want someone looking at my wife or child in that matter? No of course not! Not to mention that the TSA Employees have no research concerning how the radiation from the x-ray will affect in later years. TSA should stand for the following: Transportation Sexual Abuse

TSA does not even do through background checks on their own employees.

Things that make you go hmmmm. Who's protecting us from the "protectors"???

CREW PASS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow I detect sarcasm in the above post, but I just can't pin point it. Hmmmmmmmmm.
No sarcasm intended, I just have a personal problem when dealing with political correctness stupidity and feel it has to be made an issue. There are proven methods to screen passengers for instance like Israel, but we won’t do that because it might be profiling and might offend someone. No maybe everyone goes naked one day to make a point?

Latest resources

Back