• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA still upset about regional pukes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Screw ALPA. They've done nothing but lower the profession in the last 10 years. Even Delta pilots are trying to leave now.

ALPA is a commuter union. They cannot properly represent mainlines AND commuter's that constantly try and steal flying and jobs away from them.

All you ALPA guys . . . hope you enjoy getting assessed to pay the many millions of dollars in awards to the TWA. Another ALPA debacle.

And there is MUCH more to the story about ALPA terminating services with the APA than they'll tell you. And it ain't for the reasons that Mr. Moak says. It's got a lot to do with potentially upcoming DFR issues

Good for the BOS pilot rep. It is about time that someone pointed out how much harm ALPA has caused. APA and the AA pilots are much better off without them.

There is absolutely no conflict of interest in ALPA representing both mainline pilots and regional pilots. This is the biggest misconception perpetuated by ignorance or ulterior motives.

There is absolutely no conflict of interest in ALPA representing both mainline pilots and regional pilots. This is the biggest misconception perpetuated by ignorance or ulterior motives.

LOL-obviously said from a sarcastic point of view or ignorant point of view.

One of the only things that most of us ALL agree on is the fact that there is a conflict of interest regarding scope and job security....You are in minority if you can't see it...

LOL-obviously said from a sarcastic point of view or ignorant point of view.

Unfortunately, he isn't being sarcastic, and he isn't ignorant....He just won't put down his ALPA pom-poms...

CRAPA is a joke.....

Do they have an office or a unified voice? Can I call them and ask for a position on something?

Nope.....they are impotent.

I think we can thank many of the gray haired captains walking around the terminal looking down their noses in disgust at us regional guys for creating their own nightmare, then blaming it on ALPA or us. They were the ones voting and making decisions at ALPA when all of the outsourcing went down.

Maybe I have become cynical, but i don't think its over yet. They will sell more of their young down the river for a few dollars in wages and retirement and give us one more screw job before they depart.

The longer I'm in this industry the more I am starting to see who the real problem is. In fact I place most of our country's current problems on that same baby boomer demographic. can't wait for all of them to get out of the way so that my generation can get to work to undo all the damage those folks have done in this industry and this country.

phew, raaaaaaaant over.

Last edited:
...and when the baby boomers are out of the way, then the flower children will get theirs, and then the x generation, and the me generation, and so on...its human nature. When its your turn, you'll grab all you can...

...and when the baby boomers are out of the way, then the flower children will get theirs, and then the x generation, and the me generation, and so on...its human nature. When its your turn, you'll grab all you can...

Unfortunately, none of these other groups has the size and subsequently voting power of the baby boomers (as a whole, not those in the union). They'll vote to keep and increase entitlements as politicians recognize and pander to their power. It's a shame as their parents sacrificed for them. They'll now expect their children and grand-children to also sacrifice for them. Just watch.

Latest resources

Back