• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA and USAPA seeks ALPA gains, shirk responsibility

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The APA tried to strike during the Clinton Admin, and barely saved face. They were underfunded, unorganized and lacked external support. They asked for the PEB from Clinton because the risk of failure was too great. The PEB saved their bacon. Combine that with the 45M legal action, the APA has had its moments, but has yet to prove itself effective.

This B.S. cannot be allowed to stand without rebuttal. APA was not underfunded, or un-organized. They had substantial assets, they we well organized and ready for a long work action. If you want to read a well developed negotiating process and posture go to http://www.aanegotiations.com/apa.asp.

This site is the best I have ever seen and it APA does a far better job of keeping their membership informed than I have seen with ALPA. The fact of the matter is that President Clinton didn't want to deal with a strike and he stopped it. United is under a Federal Court order regarding illegal job actions, ALPA was unable to stop that.

I am happy that Spirit was successful, and they deserve all they get. Shilling for ALPA and criticizing other unions is anti-union in itself. If what you say is really true than nations pilot groups will see it.

SWAPA enjoys a unique management other pilots groups can't control at thier own airline.

SWAPA buys services from ALPA it needs but can't provide for itself.

SWAPA is a part of CAPA.

Care to comment on your daddy Prater's obscene salary, pension and life time benefit package?

Or is that just the cost of doing business "ALPO national style"?

Are you happy with local dues spent at the country club?

Care to comment on your daddy Prater's obscene salary, pension and life time benefit package?

Interesting that you mention dues. I've am still waiting for your proposal for the in house regional union that you advocate at Skywest. Most interestingly is the dues rate and subsequent budget.

Can you provide at a minimum a few numbers?

Yeah, I'll comment: he's underpaid for the work that he does.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

I think you missed his question - which was completely on point. ALPA is in the business of keeping itself in business.

That guy in your avatar should be in a pilots uniform. I know you ALPA guys pay him alot of money but really that millionaire is a pilot.

That guy in your avatar should be in a pilots uniform. I know you ALPA guys pay him alot of money but really that millionaire is a pilot.

First, he's very far from being a millionaire. Second, when you're playing big-league politics in DC, you need to look the part. It might make you feel better to see him in a pilot's uniform, but it won't get the work of his members done, which is what matters.

Well that says it all then since It is all about big league politics. LMAO......PFT, the stain never goes away even with absurd comments like that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back