• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AOPA article "5 More Years"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually they did comment about the age 60 rule a month after the change came out. I get their e-mail updates every month as a member; AOPA stated they were very pleased that the age 60 rule was changed becaue it was age discrimination. I e-mailed them back stating the obvious; that if age 60 is age discrimination, so is age 65! My point is that they need to to focus on their own issues and reserve comment of hot 121 topics such as raising the retirement age. The last time I checked AOPA was upset at the Airlines for suggesting spreading user fees to GA. There are quite a few 121 pilots who are AOPA members and some of them-myself included-are not very happy with how AOPA keeps commenting on things that do not concern them.

Look I agree that the article and the attitudes displayed in it are gross at best. However AOPA was not, nor never has backed the age 65 rule. This guy and his brothers are tools, but he is an editorialist on GA matters not the voice of AOPA's political positions...

As I stated in my post AOPA has never lobbied or use political influence to change the rule. They have stated the opinion of AOPA about the rule but that is it, they were not using member dues to fight for the rule change.

Actually they did comment about the age 60 rule a month after the change came out. I get their e-mail updates every month as a member; AOPA stated they were very pleased that the age 60 rule was changed becaue it was age discrimination. I e-mailed them back stating the obvious; that if age 60 is age discrimination, so is age 65! My point is that they need to to focus on their own issues and reserve comment of hot 121 topics such as raising the retirement age. The last time I checked AOPA was upset at the Airlines for suggesting spreading user fees to GA. There are quite a few 121 pilots who are AOPA members and some of them-myself included-are not very happy with how AOPA keeps commenting on things that do not concern them.

Nojoy do user fees for GA "not concern them (AOPA)? The airlines whole position is that GA aircraft don't pay their fair share;
(see link) http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/briefs/186954-1.html

The airlines were blatantly targeting GA

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2007/070605airlines.html

So should AOPA sit back and let that happen?

Latest resources

Back