Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ilikeairplanes said:
Why is everyone leaving?

Hard to say. If I had to guess, it's pay. But to be honest, I don't know how SKX rates in pay against other regionals, if that's where folks are bailing to.

And depending upon where you live, MKE 'aint the easiest place to commute to, so that could also be a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikeairplanes
Why is everyone leaving?

Hard to say. If I had to guess, it's pay. But to be honest, I don't know how SKX rates in pay against other regionals, if that's where folks are bailing to.

And depending upon where you live, MKE 'aint the easiest place to commute to, so that could also be a factor.

OK, Ultrarunner you have to go sit in the time out corner now because of your baseless answer and obvious ignorance to life at Skyway. The question of why everyone is leaving is because they are getting BETTER jobs than Skyway....and no, they are not making lateral moves to other regionals they are moving on to places like Midwest, Southwest and Air Tran. Our pay rates are not that of other magical regionals like Comair and Mesaba but the last time I checked, those who left for that greener grass will now be cutting that grass because they are furloughed. Don't post speculation on here, especially about Skyway. Otherwise Bob Goulet is going to pay a visit to your doorstep.

I have not heard of another new hire class in the works. Like I have been saying for months now, this is definetly the place to be. There is a Beech Captain upgrade going on as we speak with Jun 05 new hires in it. Keep on sending in your resumes.

NATURE...GOULET

So when I need my grass cut this summer, I should call those who left to go to Comair and Mesaba?

Guitar Guy said:
Does Skyway require all FO's to upgrade on the 1900 before moving to the left seat in the jet? I can imagine that it would be a very long wait for an FO to upgrade directly on the jet, but I was curious to know if Skyway has a written policy on that topic.

Also, is there still an ex-Laker at Skyway with the initials RJ? I think he might be in the training department.

There isn't anything written about having to upgrade into the 1900 first then the jet. It's all about seniority and the junior airplane is the 1900. Now for RJ he is back in the left seat of the 1900, and I don't think that he is in the training dept.

GOULET! said:
to pay a visit to your doorstep.

I have not heard of another new hire class in the works. Like I have been saying for months now, this is definetly the place to be. There is a Beech Captain upgrade going on as we speak with Jun 05 new hires in it. Keep on sending in your resumes.

NATURE...GOULET
Gotta Love it!!!!!

GOULET! said:
. Our pay rates are not that of other magical regionals like Comair and Mesaba but the last time I checked, those who left for that greener grass will now be cutting that grass because they are furloughed. NATURE...GOULET

Yea, they came to Mesaba b/c they got furloughed from Skyway on their last day of groundschool (classy)...I know b/c there were 4 of them in my class at XJ.

Latest resources

Back