Anyone turned down by Continental?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain Overs said:
Don't know what I'm talking about? Please. The reason you guys didn't give up anything sooner than those "Non-scab MEC's at US, US, AA, DL.." is because you were already getting paid much less than they were! People came down to your level....

Okay then Mr. BendOver, you still didn't answer the question. Are you CAL or not? If not, then knock it off already.

Yes our union sucks, and yes, this latest concessionary contract is a piece of crap... but still, from my point of view, it's not a bad place to work. I voted NO by the way. Bitter old captains huh... doesn't every airline have those? Well, maybe not Southwest.

Captain Overs said:
I can think of about any other airline that's a better place to work.
Name one. Is AA, DAL, UA, US, NWA really gonna be any better?? And if they're better, maybe you should hurry up and get hired on over there. Oh wait, they're not hiring... I dunno, from the sounds of it maybe you are one of those bitter old captains... maybe you could do us all a favor and retire, just go away.

Interesting that these individuals felt it was a nice enough place to give it a try.

By the way Over, why don't you go to airlinepilotpay and compare just some salaries, and see how CO stands?

Jul 19 class

GEM
PSA
XJT
Flight Options (2)
USA3000
Amerstar
EGL
Chautauqua
USN (2)
MSA

PS., Yeah I'll admit you hit a sore spot, "jerk". You still haven't had the guts to tell us where you work, or how you think you know so much of what goes on, on our property. So get the heck out of this thread.

And yeah, I voted yes on the contract, and I did'nt scab.

Last edited:
The funny thing is you didn't become one of the highest paid by getting a raise.

Where I work doesn't matter. I know what I'm talking about. Quit trying to distract the facts.

I just finished reading Gordon Bethune's book, "From Worst to First". I can't wait to fly for CAL. Would jump at the chance to get Guam as my first assignment.

Captain Overs said:
The funny thing is you didn't become one of the highest paid by getting a raise.

Where I work doesn't matter. I know what I'm talking about. Quit trying to distract the facts.

I've been on this board for approx 8 years, and your posts in this string rank as some of the most cowardly crap I have ever read here, and that's saying a lot.

All Hail Capt. Overs, King Idiot of the message board (2005).

Last edited:
Captain Overs said:
Thank you. Coming from you I guess that's a compliment.

That's what your wife said, too, when she saw the great big bulge in my polyester slacks at the Fox Bar.

Latest resources

Back