• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone turned down by Continental?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can think of about any other airline that's a better place to work. CAL's image has be formed by their management team and this "Working together" plan. I can tell you it's not like it seems. If you do get hired don't bid the 73. Lots of bitter old captains. Also be prepared to constantly have your work rules and pay chisled away with an MEC controlled by "Scabs" who will give into company demands.

Overs,

I'm a 43 year old Capt. on the B737, been there sence '87. Most everyone on the staffing below 50% are right around my age and experince, and I don't think life is that bad or that I'm bitter.

Do you fly for us and speek from experience or are you just talking out your ASS?

And funny how the Non-scab MECs at UA, US, AA, DL gave into every request to gut their contracts without even a wimper... "d'uh"!

Have clue before you talk about something you don't know.

Last edited:
ETOPS-7E7 said:
Please share your thoughts on why-you think-you did not make it.

Yes, in the summer of 1966. Best thing that ever happened to me as it turned out. Very painful at the time though!

COpilot said:
Overs,

I'm a 43 year old Capt. on the B737, been there sence '87. Most everyone on the staffing below 50% are right around my age and experince, and I don't think life is that bad or that I'm bitter.

Do you fly for us and speek from experience or are you just talking out your ASS?

And funny how the Non-scab MECs at UA, US, AA, DL gave into every request to gut their contracts without even a wimper... "d'uh"!

Have clue before you talk about something you don't know.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Please. The reason you guys didn't give up anything sooner than those "Non-scab MEC's at US, US, AA, DL.." is because you were already getting paid much less than they were! People came down to your level. I don't think that should be a measuring stick as to how great your union is. The FA's are the only one with balls to stand up and say "We make little now and we're not giving it back so you can continue to run a business based on a soft plan."

Captain Overs said:
have your work rules and pay chisled away with an MEC controlled by "Scabs" who will give into company demands.

Captain Overs said:
I don't think that should be a measuring stick as to how great your union is.

Our union isn't great. No one said it was... I can't say how ours would respond if we were in United's (or NWA's, or Delta's) shoes. All anyone CAN say for sure is that the rest of us are tired of UAL's rolling over for anything that anyone seems to ask for.

...what a tool...

Captain Overs said:
I can think of about any other airline that's a better place to work. CAL's image has be formed by their management team and this "Working together" plan. I can tell you it's not like it seems. If you do get hired don't bid the 73. Lots of bitter old captains. Also be prepared to constantly have your work rules and pay chisled away with an MEC controlled by "Scabs" who will give into company demands.

Me personally,

I have always enjoyed getting a ride home via the jumpseat on good ole CAL. The gate agents, FAs, and flight deck crews have always been super nice and with a better attitude more often than not over AA or UAL.

G

Latest resources

Back