Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SL121,

Sorry to hear about your interview.

I had a similar interview experience with USAir in '98. The end results were the same. It sounds like you could have been a great asset to Continental. Remember, everything happens for a reason. Don't beat yourself up over it. Good luck.

Well I feel better now...

Fellow Pilots,

Thanks for all the PM's and responses. CO has such a low incidence of turning guys down, I thought I was the only
knucklehead out there. :)

I thought of one more thing. After the furlough I was probably one of the lucky ones who didn't have to sell my house or have my wife go back to dancing at the sugar shack :D I remember when I was walking upstairs, and I saw this one young intern, he was just finishing up, and he was SO HAPPY to be there, I mean a smile a mile wide, which is how I felt when I went to my first legacy interview. Anyway, I remember thinking, "Wow, that's what I need to feel like", but all I could think about was, "I'm barely keeping us afloat financially NOW! How am I gonna swing this massive paycut, and still pay for medical insurance the first 6 months, my kid has some med issues, what the hell am I going to do if I get this job?"

Perhaps some of that vibe came through in the interview. I know it must not have helped. So I guess what I'm trying to pass on to those that really want to work at CO is, when you go in there, be outgoing, be positive, and be enthusiastic, have a smile a mile wide, and most of all, just be glad to be there. They're good people there, and they'll pick up on that.

"That's all I got to Say About That"

SL

Yeah, Capt is one of ours. He usually has decent posts, I'm not really sure what got him on this tangent. Overs, go drink and f@cking beer, fondle the FA, and come back tomorrow happy and hung over.

box

Latest resources

Back