Anyone turned down by Continental?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain Overs said:
I guess I'm a coward because I won't say who I work for. I didn't realize that was a must to post on this board. Oh, and still no one has really given hard facts to dispute what I said. I've seen emotion, but no facts. I guess maybe I do know what I'm talking about.

Yawn....I'm done with this thread.

Well now, I'm sure glad he stopped by to tell me how bad I have it here at CAL and how all of you silly job hunting fools should stay far, far away from this dump of an outfit. Really, I should go hire on at an airline that he deems a better place to work. I wish I knew where he worked; I'd love to get on there and fly for him as an FO, wouldn't that be great?!? We could fly and talk sh!t about CAL all day long...

Facts instead of emotion? I'm sure I mentioned before that our contract and our union sucks. Fact. I voted no on this POS. Fact. I like the people and the job and have a good time doing it; I go to work, then come home on my days off and the checks don't bounce. Fact. So what's wrong with that?

Uh oh, now here comes an emotion; you're an asshole, piss off.

capt. megadeth said:
You know you are old when.....

you are on flightinfo on Friday nite at 2300

yes, but we still have all the memories and the stories get better as you age :)

Well now, I'm sure glad he stopped by to tell me how bad I have it here at CAL and how all of you silly job hunting fools should stay far, far away from this dump of an outfit. Really, I should go hire on at an airline that he deems a better place to work. I wish I knew where he worked; I'd love to get on there and fly for him as an FO, wouldn't that be great?!?

This is, by far, one of the funniest things I have read on this board. It would be even funnier, if it wasn't so true.

Anyone else ever fly with an insufferable POS like Overs? I know I have. Funny that we all do the same job; some make it seem like more fun that work, and others make it seem so difficult and painful. I'm sure Overs is one of those jackasses that can't figure out why he's flying with a different FO every week.

Last edited:
Allow me to bring this thread back to the top

Someone used the phrase earlier,

"So that others may live", if you have an interview I'm sure you have already scoured the net for gouge, and I'll just say that what is out there is accurate.

The past few weeks have been tough for me. I have been analyzing/second guessing myself non-stop. So I'm writing this in the hope that someone may benefit, and that I can put this issue to rest in my own mind. I believe that perhaps my mistakes in the interview were born of overconfidence, I've been very lucky in my career so far. I'm furloughed from a legacy, and I'm swimming in a pool for an LCC, and while my current commute is a real PITA, I love the job I have right now. That being said, I really wanted to work for Continental. First year pay aside, the guys getting on now will experience great career progression due to retirements. Much better than my current legacy. It was for that reason that I had a desire to get on as early as possible in order to gain the max amount of "seniority", but guess what, you have to get the job first. So anyway, when KD called, I took the first available slot. Obviously, this was my first mistake. KD had mentioned to me when scheduling the interview that as soon as he filled this slot, he could go home for the evening, it was around 8PM. I wanted to do that for him so I agreed. Again, don't do it, I had scheduled myself into a corner, 6 days on, then 1 day to get to the interview, then back to my international crew base for work the next day.

I did my sim in the AM, and I was dead tired. I believe my performance reflected that. As I remember it, I made all the right calls but not having autothrottles was really using up my neurons. I got the hold at 5.8 from the VOR, and then brainlocked. The FO saved me with the phrase, you sure you want to do that, Captain? Using "CRM” I gratefully recovered and then moved on, bottom line, I didn't crash, it was a good approach and landing/rollout, but, it was not my best performance. Make sure you are rested. Also make sure your paperwork is filled out correctly. I had my wife print the forms out for me from home, no 'puter at the crash pad, and I didn't check to make sure everything was "perfect", again, I did it to myself. It was totally my fault.

As far as the panel interview I had heard most of the questions before, I know that in regards to the tech stuff, I answered one question wrong. It was a question regarding a VDP. All my other HR SAR Q's/stories, I thought were ok.

My rejection letter came two days later.

Oh yeah, one more thing, I made notes of the sim briefing sheet when I was in the CPT room. It helps me to remember things if I write them down (visual memory) I threw them away, but I got to thinking afterward, probably overanalyzing, did the sim instructor maybe see that, and think I was data mining for my buddies, oh well, learn from my mistakes.

At any rate, there's the nuts and bolts. I just want to say that everyone at CO that day was great. I ran into several old friends, and while I was quite nervous and tired, I actually thought the process was enjoyable. My letter says reapply in a year, but does anyone ever get a second chance in this business?

Regards

COpilot said:
Yawn,

Thanks Overs, I think you've killed this thread with your frustrated drivel.

What else is new? He is just another frustrated XJET pilot who got turned down by CO.

Let's just let Captain Douche have his fun and give us all additional material to laugh about. Imagine how it is for the poor soul stuck in that cramped RJ for several days with this idiot

Captain Overs said:
I guess I'm a coward because I won't say who I work for. I didn't realize that was a must to post on this board. Oh, and still no one has really given hard facts to dispute what I said. I've seen emotion, but no facts. I guess maybe I do know what I'm talking about.

Yawn....I'm done with this thread.

Actually, he is another one of our XJET pilots...one of the few at every airline who represent the best of this profession. *sarchasm*

Latest resources

Back