Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone see jonathan ornstein on speedtv?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWACO said:
2 Wheel Tuesday did an interview with that fool (6/13/06pm & 6/14/06am). He was just talking about riding his Aprilla in SoCal and keeking up with the young kids in the mountains bla bla bla. What was kind of funny is he did state 'some people think my business ideas are kind of unconventional' I dont know if he was refering to him riding a motorcycle or his view on pilots.

I saw it. JO must have said "I" so many times I think he set a record. Either he has "eye trouble" or he is having hallucinations he is in the Navy. "aiai sir"

islandhopper said:
http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/Forbes/1999/08/09/1014280

In 1978 Ornstein dropped out of the University of Pennsylvania... at age 21, became E.F. Hutton's youngest-ever broker. But over nine years he bounced around five firms, getting fired from several. Why? A lengthy disciplinary record--the official printout is 21 feet long--charging unauthorized trading, misrepresentation, document alteration and churning. Eventually, Ornstein was fined $20,000 and suspended as a broker for three years. A published Securities & Exchange Commission opinion essentially called him a liar.

And don't forget, his frat bros kicked him out too. But, according to ****************************** bag, he got kicked out because he was Jewish.

PropPiedmont said:
And don't forget, his frat bros kicked him out too. But, according to ****************************** bag, he got kicked out because he was Jewish.

I remember that quote. I think it was in this story here. http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/2003-10-20-ornstein_x.htm

PHOENIX — When Jonathan Ornstein was blackballed by a University of Pennsylvania fraternity in the mid-'70s — because he's Jewish, he says —

What a loser! :puke:

Dave Benjamin said:
Wow, soverytired is an Ornstein apologist.
JO good for Mesa? Turned the place around did he? You probably think Colonel Sanders is good for chickens.

OUCH! Suffice it to say I'd jump on the anti-"you-know-who" bandwagon, but I'm not quite ready to get terminated for bashing a fellow employee on a public forum. As some here can probably testify, it's been done before.

I just think that criticisms towards certain individuals should be updated (because there is PLENTY of material, generated daily) rather than trotting out ancient, and most importantly, PRE-AIRLINE employement, history.

Mixed bag, methinks. Opinions may differ :)

Soverytired said:
<sigh>

Oh no, I understood you the first time. But he did the crime then did the time (or paid the fine) . . .and seems to have done pretty darn well for a guy who got the wind knocked out of his sails from a self-inflicted wound.

While no friend of pilots (REPEAT: JO IS NOT A FRIEND OF PILOTS), he has certainly been good for Mesa. I know . . . I was furloughed after LR lost the United flying, and I thought my career here was over. JO turned this place around, big time.

Are you one of those guys who thinks that a pilot with a single DUI on his driving record 15 years ago should disqualify him from ever working as a pilot again? Cuz it's about the same thing.
Let me get this straight, a DUI is the same as a felony conviction ???? YGTBSM PHXFLYR

OB-CPO said:
I remember that quote. I think it was in this story here. http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/2003-10-20-ornstein_x.htm

PHOENIX — When Jonathan Ornstein was blackballed by a University of Pennsylvania fraternity in the mid-'70s — because he's Jewish, he says —

What a loser! :puke:

I can't stand people that blame all their social disorder problems on race. Everybody hates me because i'm jewish, black, white, filipino, WTF!!!

Claims like these, end up encouraging racist beliefs. Why is it so hard for JO to just say "I was blackballed because I have always been a big as$".

islandhopper said:
I can't stand people that blame all their social disorder problems on race. Everybody hates me because i'm jewish, black, white, filipino, WTF!!!

Claims like these, end up encouraging racist beliefs. Why is it so hard for JO to just say "I was blackballed because I have always been a big as$".

Because it would have been something known as "the truth" something
Orenstein has always had a hard time dealing with... Looking forward to the day we can show him and his merry band of henchmen the door. 2012 can't get here fast enough.

PHXFLYR:cool:

PHXFLYR said:
Let me get this straight, a DUI is the same as a felony conviction ???? YGTBSM PHXFLYR

Not really. I was just trying to draw a distinction between recent behaviors vs. ancient history. I'd no more judge a pilot based on a single 15 year old DUI than I would judge a CEO based on what he did in a different line of work in pre-airline, pre-CEO days.

I think there's plenty of stuff to expound upon from more recent events, if one is so inclined (pro and/or con). As this is a public forum, I'm extremely cautious about "piling" on. Lawsuits and so forth . . .

What you're missing is the fact thsat JO has not shown any sign of developing ethics or morals. Nobody cares that he got busted 15 years ago. What people in this industry care about is what he's done since then. He still has a criminal mind but he's smart enough not to do anything that will lan d him in jail. Glad you like him. At least he has one fan. Maybe he'll let you polish his motorcycle collection or clean the road grime off his helmet.

Latest resources

Back