• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone receive a "Hawaiian" rejection letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a friend in class right now. He started class less than 3 weeks after his first interview. If you haven't heard anything, it's probably not good.

The kid I know has less than 2k total with the majority of that in the right seat of a regional jet. I don't buy that 7k-10k comment a few posts ago. It's who you know. If you haven't interviewed and don't know anyone, don't expect a call. I don't work for Hawaiian so take my comments with a grain of salt.

The kid I know has less than 2k total with the majority of that in the right seat of a regional jet. I don't buy that 7k-10k comment a few posts ago. It's who you know. If you haven't interviewed and don't know anyone, don't expect a call. I don't work for Hawaiian so take my comments with a grain of salt.
I do work for HA and as I said in my last post, these words came directly from the Chief Pilot, who is one of three with the final word on who gets hired.

It's possible the person you're talking about has less than 2k hours, but VERY unlikely. If he was hired with those totals there must be some other reason he's here. Was his father a pilot here? That's about the only reason I can think of for someone with that little experience to be hired.

Yes, who you know will get you in the door for an interview, but even in that group it's extraordinarily competitive. Without some fat logbooks, I doubt you're getting that final call.

HAL

So Hal, from what you're saying, the CP and the other two management pilots that I met in my last "meet and greet" interview, are the ones making the final call.

I'm not positive, but I think it's the two CP's and the VP of flight ops that make the decisions. And I think those were the three you saw at the 'meet & greet'.

HAL

I know of a group of 25 that had second interviews in Early August then a group of 37 did a 2nd a week later mid August. Obviously last years group that got called for another 1st and a meet and greet are in that mix as well. Don't know how many other 2nd inerviews have happened since mid August.

would guess in the next 2 weeks....they are doing round 2 interviews tomorrow.....the pool is now the pacific....

Latest resources

Back