• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know of any sic lowtimer jobs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"When was the last time you logged X-C time, flew IFR, had a ground work session, had to use various different methods to enlighten someone on a particular topic, flew a different aircraft, even landed at an airport that wasn't home base?"

To answer your questions, 172Driver:

1. Last Saturday & Sunday - 5.2 hours

2. May - 3.4 hours actual and 4 approaches (hasn't been IFR lately) although I did do 1 practice ILS on Friday evening.

3. Explained the difference between GPS and VOR navigation to a co-worker today. Does that count as a "ground work session"?

4. Last Saturday and Sunday. C182 & PA44-180.

5. Last Saturday and Sunday. Including my jump work, I made 12 take offs and landings at 4 different airports in two days.

Hope this answers your questions.

jump pilot,
In all fairness to 172driver's questions, you should have returned the question of when was the last time you landed the plane; and when was the last time you were sole manipulator for more than a few minutes.

I think each flying job has its positives and it's negatives, at least we all get to fly.

be36driver

Howdy!
The first time I was flying in a month. The second time it was over two months. Now I'm on "starvation therapy" where various agencies designed to assist folks in this process are refusing to assist because I worked too little or too much, can't prove I was born on U.S. soil (shouldn't matter, but it does in this state), or generally because someone else is breathing over their shoulder to cut costs.

Thanks for your concern. Want an IFR student in BFL?

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Latest resources

Back