Anyone know of a Condo in or near Vail?

Iflewjetz

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Posts
179
Total Time
7000+
I might be taking my family to Vail or the Colorado Ski areas the day after Christmas. Anyone know of any condos for rent around the area? Probably one bedroom is fine. Two adults, one child. My daughter loved skiing so much last year I want her to see what real snow is like. (She learned at Beech Mountain, NC) Thanks for any information.

Tony
 

KC-10 Driver

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Posts
503
Total Time
~7500
My aunt and uncle own a rental condo at Vail. If it's available, I'll send you a PM.
 

rice

Clown Puncher
Joined
Feb 10, 2002
Posts
902
Total Time
8000+
Fyi

You probably already know this but the week between Christmas and New Years is probably the most expensive and least availability for lodging in Colorado Ski Country. Last year the Marriott in Vail cost me over $400/nt, last week it was around $129. Good Luck if you find a condo, hopefully someone here hooks you up.
 

KC-10 Driver

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Posts
503
Total Time
~7500
Unfortunately, my aunt and uncle's place is not available. Wish I could have helped.
 

Iflewjetz

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Posts
179
Total Time
7000+
Thanks Rice,

As I look, I am slowly finding that out. I guess we will have to go some other time.
 

Spooky 1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Posts
987
Total Time
Some
Alternative

Go to Park City, Utah. Slightly less expensive. Darn easy to get to. Family friendly. Multitude of hotels a condo's for rent. Deer Valley, Park City, The Canyons are all close by. Yes you can buy booze and get as drunk as you want if that's important.
 

Flyingdutchman

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 29, 2002
Posts
1,571
Total Time
today?
Try a nice hotel in Denver with crew discount.. It's only +/- 2 hours driving to the ski-resorts.
 

Spooky 1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Posts
987
Total Time
Some
Spooky 1 said:
Go to Park City, Utah. Slightly less expensive. Darn easy to get to. Family friendly. Multitude of hotels a condo's for rent. Deer Valley, Park City, The Canyons are all close by. Yes you can buy booze and get as drunk as you want if that's important.
Forgot to mention that Deer Valley and Park City give an airline dicount on their ski passes if that helps.
 

Lil Jon

CRUNK
Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Posts
104
Total Time
>2k
how much of a discount is it? know of any other places that do that? thanks
 

Spooky 1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Posts
987
Total Time
Some
The face value of the ticket is pretty outrageous, but I think they come down to somewhere aroud $45 fro an original high of $75 or so. Do not know of any other places as Deer Valley is the only place I ski these days.
 

typhoonpilot

Daddy
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Posts
1,381
Total Time
17000+
Deer Valley is awesome. That is my preferred resort when up in the Park City area. The food there is fantastic and the skiing fits my usual pace. On a real nice powder day you can't beat Alta, but in general Deer Valley is the place to go.


TP
 

snowman

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Posts
205
Total Time
666
If you can ski don't go to Deer Valley... if you CAN ski stay at the mouth of little cottonwood canyon and ski snowbird and alta. You can ride busses up and down the canyon and could also opt for solitude and brighton in big cottonwood canyon. This allows you to stay somewhere cheap in the valley and ski the best POWPOW in the world at resorts that are about skiing and not being seen...
When in doubt make BIG 11's
adios
snowman
 

Spooky 1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Posts
987
Total Time
Some
snowman said:
If you can ski don't go to Deer Valley... if you CAN ski stay at the mouth of little cottonwood canyon and ski snowbird and alta. You can ride busses up and down the canyon and could also opt for solitude and brighton in big cottonwood canyon. This allows you to stay somewhere cheap in the valley and ski the best POWPOW in the world at resorts that are about skiing and not being seen...
When in doubt make BIG 11's
adios
snowman
What a stupid statement. Try them all. Stay wherever you want, assuming you can afford it. DV just voted the best ski area in North America and no snowboarders to deal with.
 

snowman

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Posts
205
Total Time
666
The ranking for DV is nothing more than PR crap. There is validity to the survey. DV is lame, maybe Spooky is lame? DV is for the cheese and WHINE set. They do have great WAAAAAAburgers... The skiers there all have WHINE-1-1 programmed into their phones...
BWAHAHAHAHAH
phew that was fun...
adios
 

Spooky 1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Posts
987
Total Time
Some
snowman said:
The ranking for DV is nothing more than PR crap. There is validity to the survey. DV is lame, maybe Spooky is lame? DV is for the cheese and WHINE set. They do have great WAAAAAAburgers... The skiers there all have WHINE-1-1 programmed into their phones...
BWAHAHAHAHAH
phew that was fun...
adios
Boy you have a bad case of class envy. Probably compounded by some serious SJS. I have seen your kind all over the mountains for years. Skiing out of bounds, out of control, running down every one that is within 50 yards of your path. Your right about the whiners though. When you pay $75+ for a lift ticket and three to four thousand a week for the rest of the package, you expect certain ammenites. Not having some of your ilk scuzzing up the slopes is just one of them. I used to know a guy named the "Snowman". He supplied a good bit of the nose candy to the visitors around Salt Lake. Is that you "Snowman"? PS, I have owned a home in Deer Valley for 18 years now so I have seen it all on that mountain.

Now I feel so much better!
 

snowman

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Posts
205
Total Time
666
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Go work on your stem christie.
BLAHBLAHBLAHH
and i don't do or sell nose candy.
What is sjs?
HEY, this is so much fun that we should have a ski-off and jump the shark!
my skis are faster than yours.
 

skibum11

Active member
Joined
Nov 24, 2004
Posts
26
Total Time
xxxx
If your still looking for a place I got a condo in Big Sky, MT that I rent out and can hook you up with a good deal as long as your in the Military or Airlines. PM me for more info
 

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Posts
3,512
Total Time
5000
Snowman,
how bout dem cowboys?

Looks like last place to me. God they suck.
 
Top