Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know if SWA interview calls are continuing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1stCivDiv said:
Got the call last week for a 12 July interview...

2500 TT
1550 Jet PIC
Applied 04/04
Typed 02/05 HPA

Good luck to all! Looking forward to meeting some of you down in D-town!!

1st CIV DIV

That's great news, that's the lowest PIC turbine call I've seen. (Somebody posted 1620 the other day). I'm almost there!!!! Good luck.
JJ

Dates

Kabul said:
Just outta curiousity, what are the dates of availability for those fortunate enough to get the call?

I remember lots of dates to chose from. Seems like there were at least three days to choose from out of two weeks. Sorry I can't remember specifics.

B

PS Sorry to all the other Beakers, I might have filled their quota for Beakers for the month.

What are the chances of getting picked up with only about 500 hrs of 121 SIC? I left Mesa just because I couldn't stand it anymore, and now I'm building PIC jet right now at a corporate outfit, just a slowtation now, but it's still multi-turbine PIC and I will probably get typed in the CE-650 in a few months and will build PIC time in it (midsize jet). Do they care where you get your 2000 or 3000 whatever M/T PIC or do they specifically take just 121 M/T PIC?

Don't even know if I'd want to ever work for SWA, but just in case, ya know? It'd be good to have some facts.

CapnVegetto said:
but it's still multi-turbine PIC and I will probably get typed in the CE-650 in a few months and will build PIC time in it (midsize jet). Do they care where you get your 2000 or 3000 whatever M/T PIC or do they specifically take just 121 M/T PIC?
As a general rule it is all about turbine PIC, 135/milititary/121 doesn't matter. But it might take longer to be competetive without the 121 PIC. If you were still at Mesa I'd say gut it out until you had at least 1000 hours PIC. In the end you can definatly still get the call wth the time you are building now, and sometimes it is more important to be someplace you are happy right now, instead of a job you may or may not get .... good luck.

CapnVegetto said:
What are the chances of getting picked up with only about 500 hrs of 121 SIC? I left Mesa just because I couldn't stand it anymore, and now I'm building PIC jet right now at a corporate outfit, just a slowtation now, but it's still multi-turbine PIC and I will probably get typed in the CE-650 in a few months and will build PIC time in it (midsize jet). Do they care where you get your 2000 or 3000 whatever M/T PIC or do they specifically take just 121 M/T PIC?

Don't even know if I'd want to ever work for SWA, but just in case, ya know? It'd be good to have some facts.

In the past, I'd say that they did not discriminate against corporate time. That might still be true, but I don't have current info. From the info you post, I'll guess that your "I just couldn't stand MESA anymore" history might post more of a problem than the aircraft you currently fly.

In the past, it seemed that SWA interviewed on the first in, first call, system. Now, it seems that they have just copied the old United system and have arranged their apps into differing stacks. You might actually have an easier time getting the call with a corporate background and less time, than an old phart like me with more time and a current 121 background because they obviously have one heck of a stack of current 121 Captains.
Now that I think about it, maybe I should go back to corporate and get out of the 121 stack.:)

Good Luck to all,
enigma

They seem to be looking for a broad range of experience for interview selections, but the people they pick are the kind that fit the SWA culture. Hard to pin down an exact description of the ideal subject, but it seems to involve "really happy people!" You've met em'. No doubt, they are happy!

boeingdriver213 said:
They seem to be looking for a broad range of experience for interview selections, but the people they pick are the kind that fit the SWA culture. Hard to pin down an exact description of the ideal subject, but it seems to involve "really happy people!" You've met em'. No doubt, they are happy!

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. I hated Mesa, but hell, everybody does. I've never seen an unhappy SWA pilot, and I just gotta think, 'hell, these guys might be on to something.' I'd better be sure it's what I want if I go out and spend $6000 bucks on a 737 type, but SWA is such a great company I'd just like to know if there was a chance at all. It's still at least a couple of years down the road anyway, but good luck to everyone there now!

I appreciate the info guys!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back