Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know if SWA interview calls are continuing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It appears the once fabled idea that SWA interviews folks out of HPA by their class dates, all things being equal, is no longer true. It appears folks with very similar flight times are getting interviews in no particular order from when they finished HPA. I know of only two of 24 from a January class getting interview calls, and just as many in the months of Feb, March, April, and now May. Anyone else notice this?Once again, this proves this industry is based alot on good timing more than anything else. Good luck to all of those with upcoming interviews!

720degpersec said:
They still want pilots to pay for their type ?

Flame bait. You must know that SWA doesn't care where a prospective pilot received his/her 737 type rating. Military, previous airline, BBJ, or self purchased, it doesn't matter.

enigma

Why can't I get an interview!!!

Total 5500

Turbine PIC, 0

Turbine SIC, 3200

No 737 type

No ATP

;) ,

720degpersec said:
They still want the type...what an industry...

When my brother the doctor wants to do business at a hospital he must show his records for his residency and his license. Whats the difference.

And believe me. He paid dearly for all.

Its their gig. They can do what they want.

They just have something you want but are not willing to take a chance on. And they are probably the better for it.

Last edited:
No its not

720degpersec said:
Nice to ask people to pay for training...that's what it is

This is not the military,

IF you are now flying civilian and making money at it did you expect the company that hired you to pay for your private through CFI et al? NO.

See previous posts regarding doctors lawers etc. It's the deal, don't like it? Don't play.

The military paid for my military training, yes, and with some commitment from my part. This has nothing to do with the civilian side. All the civilian companies that I worked for paid for my training too. The only ones that I know of that ask people to pay for training are Gulfstream (ooooh nice outfit) and Southwest.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back