Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know if SWA interview calls are continuing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
falcon20driver said:
You lucked out if you got your ATP ticket free, there's no difference between buying an ATP certificate and buying a type rating, for some it's cheaper to buy a 737 type to get the ATP.

Cheaper to buy a 737 type ????

It goes from at least 6000 bucks !

My ATP certificate cost me around 1200....

What are you guys talking about !

720 .....

SWA is a terrible PFT outfit that abuses their people, stay away! Stay far away!

Called 5/23 for a 6/21 interview.

Regional pilot

approx:
TT 4600
PIC 121 - 2800
Jet PIC - 2000
HPA typed in Feb 2005
Applied Jan 2004
Kim said SWA will also have interviews in July.

Good luck everyone!

Don't take it personally, but I hate what low cost airlines have done to aviation, and globally.

Europe has more than 20 !!!!

No, I am not a bitter old fart flying at a major.

I flew for an airline offering a quality product to passengers happy to pay big bucks to get breakfast on 35 minutes flights. Seeing what flying has become (I fly for a low cost airline), I can only blame the LCCs for offering an inexpensive yes, but cheap product. I regret the days (and I am only 35) where everybody in the plane enjoyed meals and free alcohol.

I guess we could play the chicken and egg game. Who's fault is it, the LCCs offering the cheap product or the passengers demanding it ?

Democratizing flying has hurt us. Period.

And the pay for type thing is just a drop of water in this big bucket of offering a cheap fare to anybody who can't afford Greyhound...

720degpersec said:
Cheaper to buy a 737 type ????

It goes from at least 6000 bucks !

My ATP certificate cost me around 1200....

What are you guys talking about !

I should have said more economical to buy a 737 type to get the ATP. I'd been flying jets, hadn't flown a piston plane in years, I don't think I would've been ready for the ATP ride in the Seminole at ALLATPS in two 1.5 hour flights and a 2 hour checkride for $1200., would probably taken 4 or 5 hours to be ready for the ride and would've came to about 2 grand, almost the same that it cost to take the ride in a 737 sim using my GI Bill.

$1200. for an ATP ticket in a Seminole, or $2400. for an ATP ticket in a 737 simulator using the GI Bill, same thing dude, just using a different plane. If you call one pay for training you have to call the other one pay for training.

Last edited:
720degpersec said:
The military paid for my military training, yes, and with some commitment from my part. This has nothing to do with the civilian side. All the civilian companies that I worked for paid for my training too. The only ones that I know of that ask people to pay for training are Gulfstream (ooooh nice outfit) and Southwest.

Somehow, I get the idea that debating this issue is sort of like wrestling with a pig, but I'll make one more attempt.

SWA does not ask people to pay for training. SWA does require that all newhires be type rated in the Boeing 737. You can buy it yourself like I did, you can get it from the military by flying the T43 (iirc), you can get rated by working for a carrier that operates 737's. Many SWA newhires came in with the rating and never paid a single dollar to get it.

Most importantly, SWA does not require that a prospective newhire spend one thin dime with SWA. PFT companies require that the newhire bring a check to the interview. SWA does NOT, therefore, no PFT.

enigma

Congrats!!

Interview-eez;

Congratulations! :cool:

SWA is the place to be! There's not a working pilot out there who doesn't appreciate the potential of your situation!! Best of luck...

Victor120

My Phone Rang!!...

Since I started this thread, I figured I had an obligation to continue it...

Yesterday afternoon (21 June) I got a call from HR inviting me to an interview. There are going to be lots of interviews in July from the options which I was given (sorry; I was too excited to pay attention). I chose the first available to me which was 12 July.

For those that like #s...
3200 Total (all multi-eng turb)
HPA Type 13 -March (Hot Pants class)
Application date -13 March (didn't meet the mins til then... ATP)
Fingernails - Disappearing

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back