Anyone know anything about GSO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NAked car wash

HArpers II, but you have to brown bag it to watch so 40 yr old woman with 3 teeth wash your car topless, or so I hear, lol. Moonpies, Texas Pete, Krispy Kreme, and a whole lot of nothing. Go for Winston; I lived there and as everyone else has said, its much nicer and only 30 min away.

There is a naked car wash near the airport.

We used to get the Holiday Inn van driver to swing through there.... The Holiday INN seemed to always have the cleanest van!

GSO is a great place to live. Four hours from the beach, two hours from the Blue Ridge Mountains, friendly folks as long as you don't have an uppity-@ssed yankee attitude (you get back what you put out :)), the best BBQ on the east coast, good-looking women (and guys if that's your thing), much more liberal than the 70s when all the trouble happened (see previous post), relatively inexpensive to live ... a great place all in all.

Greensboro used to be the butt of many jokes when I was growing up and going to college in Raleigh, but GSO has had a pretty good influx of non-natives, as well, and has pretty much shed it's small-mindedness as all the various cultures mingle.

You can still find some rednecks, but h@ll ... the meanest, most racist white folks I ever met were in Cleveland, so you'll have that kind of thing anywhere once and a while. :)

Minh

N813CA said:
Anyone know anything about GSO. Is it a nice place to live?

Since you're senior to me (I think), it's a complete sh!thole and if I were you I'd stay in Cincitucky at all costs!:cool:

Seriously, though, cost of living is about the same as northern Kentucky. Winter is much milder (snow of any measurable amount closes school). It's about a 3 hour drive to the beach and a 2 hour drive to the mountains. Carolina girls are hot! People are very friendly and laid back. There are some pretty good bars and hangouts downtown, but if you're into a hot and heavy "urban" club scene, you'll be disappointed. Overall, very nice place to call home.

KAK

N813CA said:
Anyone know anything about GSO. Is it a nice place to live?

Terrible place; definitely wouldn't bid it:)
Just kidding, I will be bidding GSO since I live in CLT and commute. I figure driving an hour and a half each way per trip beats commuting. I just hope the trips they build there have some variety and are not just LGA, JFK, BOS shuttles, ugh.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back