• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know anything about GSO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lots of big Tobacco companies are based there, so cheaper smokes for the kids, and lots of choices. Dipping is popular too, even with girls....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not a bad place, except when the Klan and the Commies start shooting at each other in the streets.... In all fairness, that was 25 years ago...

It's kind of an industrial town with a lot denim manufacturing. High Point is nicer, and Winston-Salem is really nice. W-S reminds me of a much smaller Charlotte with all the good and very little of the bad. They're all right there together, so you could live anywhere. I went to college in Winston-Salem, and have often considered moving back.

My wife lived in Winston-Salem for a while and we both loved it there. Much nicer than Greensboro and only about 30 mins from GSO airport.

I am based in ATL and commute to GSO.. I dont do it by choice, but this is where my woman got her job. I could think of a million places that I would rather live, but it is not that bad considering the circumstances.. The landscape is very beautiful, there is alot of history with the civil war and the american revoulution, many parks. I live very close to the airport, and there are many convienences as far as stores, movie theaters, etc. It is a medium size city with the feel of a small town.

UNCG has some hot liberal b!tches walking around too.. LOL

If you move here I highly recommend Lincoln Green Apartments.. Use me as a reference I will split the referal with you ($200). A one bedroom apartment is 585/month.. includes water and sewer, and they are very pet friendly.

www.lincolngreen.com

There are 11 flights between ATL and GSO daily.. AWSOME for commuting.

Overall I would give it an 8 on a scale of 1-10

Last edited:
I'ved lived here for all my 16 years, not much, but do know a fair bit about the city. If you need to know anything in particular just pm me.

Lincoln Green is nice, my step sister lived there and have known plenty of peopel that had nothing but good things to say about it. Pretty good location too. Right off battleground which will get you close to about everything.

Overall, it's a pretty good city. Fairly large(225kish), although there's not too much here. It's not the best entertainment city. There is a large number of malls and shopping centers and movie theaters, etc though.

Winston sucks.

Latest resources

Back