Anyone in an RAH Sept 13th class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SF340Guy

Some of our F/O's recieved a furlough letter yesterday @ Shuttle America. They will be attending a class for training @ a "Republic Airways Holdings Affiliate Carrier" according to the letter, and we were just wondering if anyone else starts class on that date, and if so if they know what equipment/company they are flying for.

Thanks

Do you know how many received the furlough letter? I would assume it is a Shuttle class, but could be Republic.

Atleast 10, but I heard anywhere up to 13. Actually, we can't assume anything. They were told in the letter that on the first day of class they will be required to surrender their Shuttle America ID's, and recieve their new company ID.

I'll buy the Republic rumor. Proving runs are in the works, and other than a handful of really senior CHQ folks, the Republic certificate is unstaffed.

The rumor was pretty solid, was in STL recently and heard specific stuff about specific guys going to a specific airline. PM for specific's.....;-)

The Saab side must be pretty overstaffed. 6 planes and what, 90 pilots? I am suprised it's only 10 furloughs.

Does that mean you guys will lose your seniority # even though you are a part of Republic Airways? Is there no integration?

ilkwamh2 said:
Does that mean you guys will lose your seniority # even though you are a part of Republic Airways? Is there no integration?

The integration has not even gone to arbitration yet. Word has it that the original Shuttle American union (I forgot which teamsters local - 2xx?) has not obtained counsel or submitted an approved list of mediators. I guess with the furloughed people they are giving the option (hopefully they are not forcing these guys) to come on as new hires instead of being on the street until their local can get their act together. I think the last 10 people on the list were in a Feb 05 class, so they don't have much to lose anyway.

I don't really have any facts, just talking outta my a$$

Latest resources

Back