Anyone here want to admit they work for GJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
logolight said:
Hey, good point. But I think the difference is that mainline and TSA are different companies whereas TSA and GJ's are under the same roof. i.e. two pilots in the same aircraft and seat but making two different pay scales from the same payroll department.

I see the difference but, TSA pilot's should not be calling the GJ pilot's SCABS. They are not. I can't say I would be happy in the TSA pilot's shoes either, but regardless, the GJ pilot's are not SCABS and should not be called SCABS.

jetpilot007 is going a little overboard with the name-calling, must have an ego prob or something's little complex. Either/Or, he can rant all he wants, it's not going to change the fact that there will always be someone out there willing to do your job for cheaper.

Johnny O of Mesa know's this and all the other Regional carriers have caught on!!!

This was once a good career, the RJ and ALPA has killed it!

I don't see what the big deal is. I just lost my job flying corporate and am looking for any job. I have no airline experience so I might as well go to the interview. I might as well take the first job I can get.

Cheebs501 said:
I don't see what the big deal is. I just lost my job flying corporate and am looking for any job. I have no airline experience so I might as well go to the interview. I might as well take the first job I can get.

Ironic Flamebait Avatar....

smfav8r said:
I see the difference but, TSA pilot's should not be calling the GJ pilot's SCABS. They are not. I can't say I would be happy in the TSA pilot's shoes either, but regardless, the GJ pilot's are not SCABS and should not be called SCABS.

jetpilot007 is going a little overboard with the name-calling, must have an ego prob or something's little complex. Either/Or, he can rant all he wants, it's not going to change the fact that there will always be someone out there willing to do your job for cheaper.

Johnny O of Mesa know's this and all the other Regional carriers have caught on!!!

This was once a good career, the RJ and ALPA has killed it!

Oh I hear ya. Like I said they're not scabs as defined. But I guess some are using it for lack of a better term or something. My analogy was based on the fact that the GJ's pilots are covering up the growth oportunities of the TSA pilots and that's about the best term to use for this situation, ableit not a good one.

This sounds like straight up union busting to me. Unfortunatly, it seems to be the way the industry is going, and I don't think there is any going back. Various management groups in major and regional airlines seem to have found that they can lower costs by screwing the employees. In reality, they are screwing customers and therefore their bottom line. With all the low cost competition out there, they should be focusing on other things that can lower costs and still keep thier employees happy.
Fight the fight TSA. I sincerely hope you win this one, but with the way the industry seems to be leaning, I don't hold alot of hope.
Good luck!

I might apply just to watch some of you dorks pop a fuse.

Funny thread - and I am not laughing WITH you.

rfa said:
I might apply just to watch some of you dorks pop a fuse.

Funny thread - and I am not laughing WITH you.

Please do apply, especially if you are not planning on going.

Latest resources

Back