Anyone hear from the SWA DB this week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still Waiting......

It seems that there is no real method to their system. I have heard of some guys being hired without having their references called. I have also heard conflicting information regarding when the dreaded letters are sent out.

I haven't heard of anyone in my group (June 21) being called. We all seem to be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Still in Limbo.........

Pretty soon this will become the SWA support group thread...for those of us waiting.

Good Buddy of mine got the call today...he interviewed Thurs the 23rd...I interviewed Wed 22nd....there is no method to the calls...
Not sure about the letters...Been a week now...no letter....no refs called and the rest is obvious...

Wish the best to you all!

That mailbox has become my kryptonite.

Just got the call! Barely remember the conversation, but it was good. Anybody know when upcoming class dates are? Haven't got ahold of the People Department yet. Good luck to all :)

The Fat Lady Hasn't Sung Yet

Jersey Guy,

It ain't over until a letter or phone call arrives. I was told it will take at least 1 week to 10 days for the calls to be made.

Having not received a letter is definitely a good sign.

Also avoiding the mail man.....

So we're not even half way through? Now I have mixed feelings! There's still hope yet there's still a week to go!! The suspense is killing me!!! I've even stopped looking at the phone hoping it rings!

Good luck to you and thanks for the encouragement!

gjxjet said:
I got the call last night at 9:30 Dallas time. The chief pilot in Chicago called me. Interviewed 6/22, first time, Higher power 12/03. Good luck to all.

Greg

People department called today. Said it will take 3-4 weeks to do background checks. Also said no classes scheduled at this moment beyond the next class, but that doesn't really mean much. Best guess I can get out of anyone is a class around the end of the year?????

Greg

Ok...
I hate to ask this...

I haven't heard of anyone receiving a letter yet...although I understand no one would be quick to post that news, but it's been over a week now and no call and no letter...I thought the letters were being sent out the day after the DB. Maybe mine has got lost in the mail.

The two guys that I know got letters said they were postmarked on the 15th and 18th(both guys live in Texas). So how long would it take a first class letter to get to you from Dallas?

Latest resources

Back