• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone hear from the SWA DB this week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Went to the mail box expecting the grim reaper's firm handshake only to find that he hadn't been there today. Still waiting... HOPING for a call soon for my sanity! :)

Wooooooowwwwww!

Just went to the mailbox and nothing!!!!

I guess there is still Saturday mail...th24 hour countdown continues to the next visit...to the mailbox.

I will probably put my wife into early labor.

Have a great weekend!!!

Nothing in the box...

But I used a lifeline and called a friend in the PD.
Didn't want to use it, but didn't want to go through this weekend not knowing.

My letter cometh!

I thank you all for your encouragement!
I congratulate all who made it on this time round!
Remember it is not a matter of 'if' it's always a matter of 'when'!!!!
Never Give Up!

Definitely a class act on this thread.

Until the next endeavor...or at least until next year.

Clark Kent will be signing out.

Take care and fly safe!

WOW!!! I was getting excited until Clark's last post. Fortunately the mailman didn't deliver what I was dreading and I was beginning to feel hopeful again...now I don't know. Once again good luck to everyone.....hope this all goes the right way for us!

Damn. the phone just rang-just another one of my wife's friends!

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone!!! Just wondering, is it possible to get an interview with out a friend who works there to walk your stuff in?? Really wanting to get on with an airline. Just starting to work on that! Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Stealth: Of course. Anything is possible. Actually, friends and past flying pals really can't help you get an interview. They can however, give you an online recommendation once you are selected for the interview. I've been waiting for over a year, but like Clark Kent said, it's not a matter if "If" its "when".

Clark: Sorry to hear your letter is on the way. Keep the chin up along with everyone else. It's gonna happen.....

Hello all. I also didn't want to wait over the weekend, so I called Kim U. Didn't get selected to continue. At least I won't keep wondering. I'm pretty sure I know what went wrong, so to those reading this thread who have interviews coming up, feel free to PM me. I'll also try to get a note on aviationinterviews.com. See ya and good luck to those still waiting...

Wow, I was starting to get hopeful too...that really sucks for all of us. Why would they send letters out at different times? Why not do it all at the same time? I guess I got hopeful thinking they all went out by Monday and would have been here.

Congratulations to all who will soon be swimming in the seas of luv! Good luck to all who wont be. I recieved my nice but very late letter from the People Department this morning. I can tell you that the sting of the letter has been reduced somewhat by the news yesterday of a lifelong family friend being given less than a week to live due to cancer. It really puts things into perspective as these things tend to do. Getting worked up about a job that will still be available later on just isn't necessary. Spend time with the ones that you love. The time we have in this career or life is not long enough to really enjoy those around you unless you do take that time. As for the letter, it's not the end of the world. There are plenty of other opportunities to continue my career.

peace

mrtoy2 said:
I can tell you that the sting of the letter has been reduced somewhat by the news yesterday of a lifelong family friend being given less than a week to live due to cancer. It really puts things into perspective as these things tend to do. Getting worked up about a job that will still be available later on just isn't necessary. Spend time with the ones that you love. The time we have in this career or life is not long enough to really enjoy those around you unless you do take that time. As for the letter, it's not the end of the world. There are plenty of other opportunities to continue my career.

peace

MrToy,
Sorry to hear about your family friend. Great advice, though. Hopefully people who read your post can appreciate your thoughts without having to learn it for themselves the more difficult way. Life's too short. Just a hunch, but you seem to have the right attitude to succeed in your job hunt. Best of luck.
Gremlin

Latest resources

Back