• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone had "The Snip"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got it done and then went back to work a couple of days later. At work I got food poisoning. Puked my guts out. Miserable.

I had the procedure done nearly four years ago. It turned out to be the worst decision I ever made. Taking a perfectly healthy organ that produces millions of sperm on a daily basis and blocking off the only means of it leaving is a fundamentally flawed concept.

I started getting PVPS (post vasectomy pain syndrome) about a year ago, when my left epididymis blew out (an inevitable outcome of a close-ended vasectomy), which, short term and long term, can lead to many health issues. The following web sites have more informationon:

vasectomypain.org
dontfixit.org

DO YOUR RESEARCH. Granted, some men have this done and have little to no problems with it. Some men are very happy about it, and that is great. Many urologists would tell you that it is a perfectly safe procedure, and that sperm is harmlessly re-absorbed into the body, etc. This is what my doctor told me. He never told me about epididymal blow-out, sperm granuloma, auto-immune disorder, changes in ejaculatory response (it felt like stopping a sneeze midway) or the increased risk of prostate/testicular cancer.

He certainly did not tell me that some men, after trying everything, finally have their testicle(s) removed to alleviate PVPS. Had I known what so many men go through, had I been told the truth, I would never have done it. But as is often the case, our medical system has prioritized profit over prevention, and thus the truth is swept under the rug.

My advice: leave your body the way it is. DO NOT violate the sperm-blood barrier. It is built that way for a reason. If you are serious about birth control, look into Essure, a new procedure for women that does not cut body aparts away from eachother (you should still research this however).
Another good option is the Ladycomp, a fertilization computer which has the same reliability as the pill, without the drugs or surgery.

Draw your own conclusion about it, but if I were you, I would drop the topic like a hot rock. How I wish I can be in your shoes - with a reproductive system that has not been tampered with and damaged. Be happy with what you have, and that it works as intended.

Seriously dude, this is the way!

Ten years of constant pain... Had exploratory surgery seeing that the doctors had no explanation. Seems like the family doctor screwed it up and left a few things inside after the surgery.

You are never the same again, and there is no reversal for certain things in life. If you feel you must have this procedure, for God's sake have a Urologist who is a specialized surgeon do this. Don't leave it up to the guy who always wanted to be a surgeon, but his golf game got in the way.

The operation is a lot less invasive than 20-30 years ago. I had it done 5 yrs ago after my second kid. On the way to the clinic (15 minute drive) I was freaking out because the Valuum wasn't kicking in. By the time we got to the clinic it was like, "Hmm, cool" Than as I was taking off my shoes I was in groovy town. I was awake the whole time & got to sit on the couch watching movies & playing video games. Back to work two days later. However, even though I felt o.k. I jogged down some steps and was like, "Oh, don't do that again"

If your going freestyle, make sure that you get tested about a month after to make sure your carrying unleaded ammo instead of leaded! I have heard of guys getting fixed, not testing their ammo, and then come to find out they were still using live rounds at the shooting range!!

P.S. My doc was a former Army doc who had done this 100's of times before!

T-1 guy said the magic words, HAVE A UROLOGIST DO THE PROCEDURE! That's the key to the most successful result, ie quick recovery/minimal pain.

Had it done after my second kid. My doctor was a former military surgeon who had done it hundreds of times. I took a valuum and a painkiller before the procedure. I was freaked out till the valuum kicked in. I was awake during the procedure and it went fine. It's a lot less intrusive than it used to be, especially if your wife has already given birth via cecarrin (pardon the mispelling).

Just make sure that you are shooting blanks before you go commando. I've heard of stories of guys that didn't and then lo-and-behold moms pregnant and......well there you are!!

Latest resources

Back