Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

anyone get out of the Chautauqua training contract?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trust me I went to multiple lawyers. Same story from all of them. Republic is based in Indiana (a right to work state). I was also on probation (less than a year) so the union ("Go Teamsters") wouldn't touch it even though you pay dues from day one. I had absolutely no recourse. I guess things worked for the best since I completed my military time and retired this year. I make more money in retirement than a first year Captain or a three plus year FO for CHQ. Everything for a reason!!

I never worked for Chataqua but I had an 18,000 dollar contract before I came to Netjets, and my lawyer settled it for 1,500...I only paid him 500, so 2K total. I had some circumstances in my favor though so don't know if that is the status quo.

The CBA said no one was protected or allowed representation til they were off of probation (1 year). Also, the "training contract" was really a promissory note. CHQ's way of not requiring training contracts (same difference, you still owed them 10000.00 if for any reason other than furlough you left).

Latest resources

Back