Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

anyone get out of the Chautauqua training contract?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

n7715x

gringo bandito
Does anyone know if anyone has successfully gotten out of paying out off the training agreement if they've left before the two years is up? I know there are quite a few ex chq guys here so I thought Id post it here...

I heard NJ guys got out of training contracts by calling it indentured servitude. But I also believe everything I see on TV.

Last edited:
I left Shuttle/CHQ/whatever after 14 months for NJA. I never heard a word about it. NJA is the place to be- the regionals are sooo jacked up. ACA for 3 years, CHQ/Shuttle for a little over a year- never going back to the airlines.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

On the one hand, you signed it. You made an agreement with your eyes wide open. They fulfilled their end of the bargain; why do you want to renege on your end? How are you going to explain not fulfilling your contract at your next interview.. and the one after that?

If you must, ultimately you need a lawyer. An agressive lawyer. A lawyer who would argue that a stop sign is unconstitutional. Find a good, agressive lawyer who specializes in contracts. But as I said, I think it will say more about your character if you tough it out. How much longer do you have, and how bad is it, exactly?

Um, you missed the point Ed---

They did not even ask about it. They are NOT enforcing it- that's the point. Not sure if you are just stirring the pot, but they just aren't enforcing it is the point.

And, secondly, when I got hired, I signed my training contract with Chautauqua only. When transferred to Shuttle, we were informed that we were "terminated" from Chautauqua and were signing on fresh with Shuttle. And, with Shuttle, I never saw a training contract period. So, maybe this is why I didn't have any trouble. I don't know. BUt I have not heard of one person being held to that contract- hope this helps those concerned. Republic is your standard low-bidding regional. That's why they are growing so much- they don't have enough administrative people on staff to handle the day to day employee issues anyhow.

Good luck to anyone looking to come to NJ.

PS- If NJ stays strong for decades to come, I won't have any more interviews to attend- and, they sure didn't care about any Chautauqua training contract. ;o)

Ditto. If I ever interview somewhere else down the road, it will be long enough from now that the last thing theyll probably worry about is if there was ever a contract at CHQ and if I left before it was over. From what Ive seen of NJA so far, I think Ill be staying for a long time.

I have yet to run into a Netjets person who would leave! It must be a good place! I have yet to run into a regional person who is happy!

Flyboy, it's funny how you say that I missed the point. If they aren't enforcing the contract, then there was no need for him to post in the first place. In my opinion a guy breaking an agreement with his former employer IS the point.

If I had a choice to hire two guys, one of whom honored his contract, and one who didn't, there would be no question who ranked higher.

It's funny how the raising of an "integrity" issue is considered "stirring the pot." Moreover, what would you think if your employer walked all over your labor contract because you weren't enforcing it, or some other reason? Different opinion on that one, huh?

I was simply advising a fellow pilot of a possible consequence of his action before he did it. I can foresee it coming up in a future interview. That's why I asked how bad/how long, and wanted him to consider just finishing his stinkin' contract.

Ed, you have WAY too much time on your hands. Find yourself a good hobby-

ANd, the first post was basically asking if the contract was being enforced or not. So, pull the rod out of your butt and enjoy life a little more- don't be so anal.

Ill have a rum and coke for ya.

Cheers!

Good luck to all regional- NJ transfers- fantastic move!

Latest resources

Back