Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone get frisked at an FBO by TSA lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captain dad

Heard the TSA did some screening at a couple FBOs.

Just wanted some first hand info.

Signature BOS. Bring your ID in with you, or good luck getting back to your aircraft. It's like trying to get to your gate in the main terminal. Don't bring a pocket knife in, or you will lose it. They have used their wand on me, but they haven't frisked me.

Wacoflyr

I don't understand the Boston TSA deal. Yesterday I asked them what they were looking for. They said the were looking after "public" security. I asked what if I had a knife? They said it wouldn't be a problem. I want to know what law prohibits an owner bringing a weapon, hunting or otherwise, with them on their private plane.

My conclusion is that it is all for show and accomplishes absolutely nothing.

I don't think Boston Signature has TSA, I think it is MassPort or a private security company that is required by the airport.
One thing is for sure:
Just about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

I don't think Boston Signature has TSA, I think it is MassPort or a private security company that is required by the airport.
One thing is for sure:
Just about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

Pretty sure its MassPort, and they have been doing that ever since 9/11.

Surprising small knuckles.

In BOS, I don't both empting out my pockets anymore. I just wait for the alarm to sound and let them wand me if they choose. I've had them not bother a couple times. A few months back I inquired about what they look for. The screener was cool and said they are just making sure the crew is aware of what the pax are bring onboard. The screeners know they have no authority to take anything away. Legally the pax can bring guns (locked up), knifes, and 4 oz of liquid (or a gel):D

Last edited:
In BOS, I don't both empting out my pockets anymore. I just wait for the alarm to sound and let them wand me if they choose. I've had them not bother a couple times. A few months back I inquired about what they look for. The screener was cool and said they are just making sure the crew is aware of what the pax are bring onboard. The screeners know they have no authority to take anything away. Legally the pax can bring guns (locked up), knifes, and 4 oz of liquid (or a gel):D

Also a while back I asked one of the supervisors and he said that part of it had to do with international terminal right next door. He said that TSA thinks that terminal to TOOO close to GA traffic that doesn’t mandate full passenger screening, therefore and non-tsa security station had to be recommended.

Didn't realize they wouldn't take anything. Man, they really are pointless. Let's see how long Massport continues to pay for them in this economy.

Wacoflyr

Not sure MassPort is paying for it, have you seen the bill for it from Signature??? I think it's 2 separate charges having to do with security.

I don't remember the number, but it's significant. I know it totals over a grand with Signatures ripoff for our DA2000.

Avoid BOS at all costs, just go to BED if you have a choice. We brought the bossman once to BOS and that was enough of that nonsense

Latest resources

Back