• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone Get A Call from US Airways Yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not meaning to flame here, but Airways is hiring in to the right seat of the 190, is that correct? What is the progression going to be like there? I would imagine very slow. Look at the 190 FO rates, not very good.

The Midatlantic recalls have been in the bus and 73, not sure about the poolies from the West. Thanks for all of your insightful responses.

FlyNick, good luck getting on. I'm not sure of the way it works these days, but I think you can have a little hope of going to a Grp 2 plane.

The seniority issue between east and west will play out for a while. And, since nearly 50% of the attrition is coming from the FO ranks out East, even if you get the 190 as a new hire you'll be able to bid out pretty quick.

Seat lock is a year in the 190 (I think) and starting pay is the same across the board at $40K plus benefits. Also, if you're a 190 line holder, I've heard the lines are pretty good QOL wise.

Last edited:
Not meaning to flame here, but Airways is hiring in to the right seat of the 190, is that correct? What is the progression going to be like there? I would imagine very slow. Look at the 190 FO rates, not very good.

Progression should be extremely fast. I believe over the next 9 years we retire something like 3500 pilots. That is out of a total of 4800 or so.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back