Anyone Get A Call from US Airways Yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One small detail you are forgetting.
This is not really USairways. Maybe the name. But not the CEO, the headquarters are all Americawest.

Phoenix, contrary to popular belief makes quite a bit of money. Always did, always will.

As SWA continues to raise fares it becomes more profitable everyday, due to the high level of competition from them.

BTW, all west poolies went to the 190.

Anyways, flame on boys, flame on....

Last edited:
Seat lock is a year in the 190 (I think) and starting pay is the same across the board at $40K plus benefits. Also, if you're a 190 line holder, I've heard the lines are pretty good QOL wise.
Is the starting pay rate for all equipment the same and if so what is it currently? Airline Pilot Central shows different rates for 190 and other aircraft. Where are the 190's based? And lastly how much is health insurance for pilot+family? Thanks for the info!

Is the starting pay rate for all equipment the same and if so what is it currently? Airline Pilot Central shows different rates for 190 and other aircraft. Where are the 190's based? And lastly how much is health insurance for pilot+family? Thanks for the info!

Looks like per the transition agreement the 190 first year pay is $41.22/hr. Perhaps you make another 5K to 7K per year compared to the bus or 737. However, I'm waiting for a class date and I'm looking at this as a long term move. Don't know what aircraft I'll get but the family and I will eat mac and cheese for a few years in order to make the move.

I'm intimately aware of all the problems at Airways but I believe it will eventually get worked out. Until age 60 gets changed and nothing drastic occurs I expect to move speedily up the seniority list.

Bottom line for me is I've been at Mesa for over 10 years and I don't think I can take much more of it. I'm extremely happy Airways hired me and can't wait to move on.

yes west;no east
PHL ( ugh:puke: )
$217.00 per month /family of 4

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Looks like per the transition agreement the 190 first year pay is $41.22/hr. Perhaps you make another 5K to 7K per year compared to the bus or 737. However, I'm waiting for a class date and I'm looking at this as a long term move. Don't know what aircraft I'll get but the family and I will eat mac and cheese for a few years in order to make the move.

I'm intimately aware of all the problems at Airways but I believe it will eventually get worked out. Until age 60 gets changed and nothing drastic occurs I expect to move speedily up the seniority list.

Bottom line for me is I've been at Mesa for over 10 years and I don't think I can take much more of it. I'm extremely happy Airways hired me and can't wait to move on.

Zymotic,

Congratulations! Welcome to the family, as dysfunctional as it may currently be..lol..I too think things will work out eventually assuming we don't vote alpa off property. If that happens then we're looking at another 3-5 years of a crap contract. However if we keep Alpa and get a decent contract there could be great things on the horizon. As one analyst stated the international growth potential of LCC is nearly limitless. Anyways that's all pie in the sky stuff but we're making money hand over fist despite our terrible ops and if we can get this place firing on all cylinders we'll really be doing well as a company. The trick will be convincing manangement that joe line pilot deserves a share of the spoils.

enjoy training, it should be straightforward...

What are "Midatlantic recalls?"

There was a wholly owned/division of US Airways called Midatlantic. It was staffed by furloughed US Airways pilots and pilots that flowed through from Piedmont, PSA and the old Alleghaney. It was shut down and the assests sold to Republic, which now flies those same E170s as Uexp. The flow through pilots were tacked onto the bottom of the U list and have now been recalled. Those flow throughs are the Midatlantic recalls, the last of the last.

There was a wholly owned/division of US Airways called Midatlantic. It was staffed by furloughed US Airways pilots and pilots that flowed through from Piedmont, PSA and the old Alleghaney. It was shut down and the assests sold to Republic, which now flies those same E170s as Uexp. The flow through pilots were tacked onto the bottom of the U list and have now been recalled. Those flow throughs are the Midatlantic recalls, the last of the last.

Not all are back yet. Republic is not releasing the pilots until april of 08. Roughly 80 or so still stuck over there. 30 or so Mainline furloughees and the rest MidAtlantic folks.

My app says candidate review also. Does that mean that I'm in a pool of people getting an interview, and they are calling the people in order of the date they applied? Or is it a possibility to not get an interview even with the candidate review remarks?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back