Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone ever miss an item on a checklist?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UnAnswerd said:
This isn't a checklist item, but one time I throttled up to 2,000RPM for the runup and started going through the checklist. I'll admit that my head was buried in the cockpit and I wasn't looking around much. Suddenly my instructor yells "hold your brakes"!!! and then grabs the parking brake. Now I was on the brakes, just not hard enough I guess....

i would suggest holding the breaks even with the parking break. i do, i dont fully trust that thing

Kream926 said:
i would suggest holding the breaks even with the parking break. i do, i dont fully trust that thing
Isn't that what "look up" lights are for?

The A36 can be deceptive in making you think the front door is latched when it's not. Not that I have ever been out on the runway picking up enroute charts though......

Kream926 said:
look up lights?
Yea, you're sitting there with the engine running, frolicking around with your charts, checklist, beer, whatever...meanwhile the plane creeps forward and your engine ingests the marshaller or some part off another airplane. You're bound to get a look up light on the CWS sooner or later.

Last edited:
try departing with the ignition only on one mag...worked fine to about 1500agl before the engine started running real rough and backfiring... scared the sh!t out of me and my instructor at the time.. suffice it to say, I've never again forgot to double check the ignition is on both after a run-up.

I was doing a preflight, got in, cranked up, and went to run-up. I started to throttle up when I noticed my pepsi can still on top of the engine cowling. I must have taxied that thing like a champ because it didn't fall off. I have now added the pepsi check to my checklist.

In all the heavy aircraft, both civilian and military that I've flown, after the checklist are done, I recheck:

Trim, Flaps, Fuel Panel, Speed Brakes.

If that stuff gets done, there's not much else that can kill you.

Latest resources

Back