Anyone else think Eagle was a mistake?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TypicalManager said:

I have changed my screen name to TypicalManager in honor of "english". My old one really was kind of rude, wasn't it? I tried changing my screen name to TypicalManagement, but that has too many letters.

Corey

While I have never had issues with your department or you personally, your old screen name was in poor taste. As for Eagle Management, we can talk about that at the Unity March if you'd like. I'll even buy the doughnuts and orange juice for you.:cool:

As we go through life, we eventually learn that perception becomes reality. There are two perceptions of Eagle. There is the perception from the management at CP, the DFW hangar and the schoolhouse (looking down to the front-line employees) and the reality they strive to create and the perception FROM the front-line employees (looking up at management) and THEIR reality that is the product of managements effort (or lack thereof).

Corey, I truly believe that you believe in Eagle. But you need to spend a few years walking in the shoes of a pilot on the front line BEFORE you can really understand their perceptions. Perceptions that find their way out to new and up and coming pilots through this and other information and network systems.

The fact is that Eagle does have a profoundly bad reputation among pilots (and soon to be pilots) in the industry. Is Eagle selecting pilots with bad attitudes ? I don't think so. What is happening is that for most, after the 6-12 month new-hire glow wears off, pilots will look around and 1.) judge the benefits/drawbacks of their situation at Eagle against that of their peers who are at other comparable airlines and 2.) See the honesty, integrety and leadership displayed by members of their management toward them against the same standards of ethics and behavior at other carriers.

After that initial time bad attiudes develop. They are cultivated by misrepresentation and abuse that seem to be much more prevelent at Eagle than comparable carriers. Certainly not ALL mangement such as yourself (your vacation efforts are appreciated), but rather an inherently dysfunctual and critical few. Individuals who have squandered their credibility and the trust of those that work for them. It is also true there are some pilots at Eagle who are terminal complainers and are going through life unable to take pleasure in anything.

The fact of the matter is that Eagle cannot ever begin to repair the damage that has and is being done until an upper management team is in place that understands that actions and not just words are what most people base trust and respect on.

BTW, I was a 6 year F/O before I could hold an upgrade bid at Simmons. Also to be honest, from my perception the "good old days" 10 years ago were indeed far better than Eagle is now in just about every way. Back than I may have had some disagreeable situations but I really respected many of the upper management back then. I wish things were different now.

Latest resources

Back