Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hamfighter

And if so, what?

I switched careers to become an airline pilot, and for good reason - I enjoyed flying privately (do what you love), the money was good, retirement good and free travel.

Well, there's still free travel.

I'm really concerned about doing this for the next 30 years...and being able to support myself after retirement.

Anyway, I can't be the only one considering a change. Anyone switching careers or going back to school to get another degree?

Also, I'm really not looking for the haters with the "quit, whining...stop complaining...quit if you don't like it" stuff - interested in real discussion and opinions. Thanks!

Fluffer. Then you won't be surprised when management tells you to get on your knees. Sorry, no serious answers here.

And if so, what?

I switched careers to become an airline pilot, and for good reason - I enjoyed flying privately (do what you love), the money was good, retirement good and free travel.

Well, there's still free travel.

I'm really concerned about doing this for the next 30 years...and being able to support myself after retirement.

Anyway, I can't be the only one considering a change. Anyone switching careers or going back to school to get another degree?

Also, I'm really not looking for the haters with the "quit, whining...stop complaining...quit if you don't like it" stuff - interested in real discussion and opinions. Thanks!
I'm, What it entails is you to quit whining and leave your job so I can take your spot.

It was put to me best by a friend who stayed in when I got out - It's better in looking out than out looking in. With a little less infighting, stronger unions and some real foresight, the industry has hope. If nothing changes...well...just find a job where you don't need drug testing and you'll be all set.

Latest resources

Back