Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone Been Waiting This Long 4 NetJets 2 Call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing personal, but I would say this is the reason:

A320, 767,757,737,DC9,EMB110,SD360

You retired?

AC11, C152, C172, C177, C182, C210, C340, CE680, P28A, P28B, P28R, PA31, PA34, BE10, BE36, BE58, BE76, BE9L, B350, LR31, LR45

I guess you aren't? :nuts:

If he is/isn't... who cares!

I personally LOVE flying with the retired guys. TONS of stories and I don't even care if they're true!

To clarify - waiting for an interview call.

Not retired, not even 50. From what I've read and heard, the anti-airline bias that permeates so much of Part 91/135 flying doesn't exist at NetJets. Perhaps I'm wrong, maybe they're looking more for people with corporate/charter experience?

Last edited:
To clarify - waiting for an interview call.

Not retired, not even 50. From what I've read and heard, the anti-airline bias that permeates so much of Part 91/135 flying doesn't exist at NetJets. Perhaps I'm wrong, maybe they're looking more for people with corporate/charter experience?

HECK NO! There are PLENTY ex-121 guys here. Like me.

What really matters is, how are your stories man!! Do you have good ones!

Seriously, all types are hired here. Every category.

Each background brings certain strengths and weaknesses to NetJets. It's up to the training dept to smooth those weaknesses out.

From what I've read and heard, the anti-airline bias that permeates so much of Part 91/135 flying doesn't exist at NetJets. Perhaps I'm wrong, maybe they're looking more for people with corporate/charter experience?

It's not an anti-121 thing. It's an anti-retired 121 thing. The company, training department, recruiting, and pilot group aren't too fond of this type. Again, nothing personal but your predecessors did a pretty good job of giving the rest of your type a bad name. I was told by the training department that some 75% of retired 121 guys "just weren't working out".

Don't shoot the messenger.

I love the retired airline guys....sure theres a couple that have a couple issues...but there are plenty of "young" guys that are flat out pricks and have worse "at xyz we did it this way" attitudes then the retired guys.

They have character....guys that post like you....don't.

I love the retired airline guys....sure theres a couple that have a couple issues...but there are plenty of "young" guys that are flat out pricks and have worse "at xyz we did it this way" attitudes then the retired guys.

They have character....guys that post like you....don't.

The guy asked why it was taking so long.

I pointed out his possible 121 retirement status.

I relayed what has been said on the line, at Bridgeway, and at Easton.

There are other things that I left out because I didn't want to completely destroy his hope.

Now, how does relaying what I have been told by 1) our IOE captains 2) FSI personnel and 3) our own Easton folks have anything to do with my character?

The probable reason he's not getting called is because damn near every RJ pilot with 2500 hours has applied for a job at NJA. Let alone the pilots from recently shut down airlines...

I suspect Freight Dog is on the right track. I think a 4000 hr. RJ captain probably gets the interview nod ahead of a 15,000 hour pilot with 12k in the right seat of Boeings.

I just think its a volume thing with the apps. After the TA they recieved thousands of them. Now there just trying to sort them out. I've been waiting for 7 months, I have about 5,000, 1 internal rec, rj capt. Does anyone know if theres a certain day they send out interview invites?

Latest resources

Back