Anyone been to Bali?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
shoots

You have no idea how close we came to being there at the same time. My hats off to you. I pussed out. Was gonna go the 10th-15th, and decided it would be perfect and empty since all the Aussies haired out. Then I read one too many of the Aussie Gov't security postings and lost my spine over the Oct 12th bombing anniversary thing and the alleged high confidence intel on more planned attacks. I'd have gone if I would have thought we could meet up. Give a shout next time you are headed that way.

that would have been sweet, it's great meeting up with a bro half way around the world for a surf.

It is too bad, it was real quiet. all the street stuff was bargainable. surf was great, shoulder to head high at Kuta Beach for a warm up and 2-3 feet overhead on Kuta reef and Airpoprt lefts.

rented a quick little 9'0" Stewart, met Spiderman there. some swedish dude lost a ping pong match and his friends made him wear some child's spiderman costume for ten days, he was surfing in it. it was hilarious, I drank with these guys and he did Karaoke at the bounty bar one night,told everybody he was there to protect everyone from the terrorists. I have a pic on my phone, if i could manage to send it to this site.

surf, sand, and Bintang!!!
next time...

I tried to post the requirements for a short term visa off the Indonesian Consulate website in Washington, DC. It says US residents no longer benefit from this.

I don't know how to create a link, but I just read it.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
dude chill, so why are you still concerned about it?

just go, will you?

You don't need anything but your open mind and sun screen.

cooollll, check how many posts I have!!

Last edited:
Hey the upside to my being such a puss and not going to Bali was that the South China Sea kicked some butt during that week, and of course, the LBFMs in the lands bordering that pond take a little sting out of having to wait to try Bali!

Re:Trip to Bali

skydiverdriver said:
Thinking about a trip to Bali, and the only airline I can find that goes there from the US is Korean. I think I can get an ID 90 on them. Any other ways to go? Perhaps a short flight out of Singapore or Sydney? Thanks for any suggestions.

SkyDiver,

Doesn't Continental Micronesia still goes there out of GUM (Guam) into DPS (Denpasar)? I went a few years ago and stayed a couple of blocks from Gora Beach. The dollar does real well there or at least it did. PM me I can give you some more details, I don't want to over do it in the forum since I'm a newbie. Definitely was the trip of the year and hope to do that one again.
[email protected] if you want to use regular email, its kool with me.

Ciao,

Virg

Okay, dammit, I'm going in a couple of weeks. Guam360, where did you find that sweet Stewart 9.0? That's exactly what this guy needs. I'm just going to buy a ticket from SIN. Don't want to screw around with J/S'ing.

hey huge,
dude right on the beach, rental, it was sort of water logged, my 9'5" Stewart is somewhere on the beach for rent, I sold it to a beach rental guy 6 years ago.

there are plenty, comb the beach early, make a deal and enjoy. Wish I was going soon, big waves in Fall.

Thanks man, Any suggestions on where to stay? I don't need the Ritz, but clean and comfortable without critters would be nice...

Latest resources

Back