Anyone been to Bali?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skydiverdriver

Thinking about a trip to Bali, and the only airline I can find that goes there from the US is Korean. I think I can get an ID 90 on them. Any other ways to go? Perhaps a short flight out of Singapore or Sydney? Thanks for any suggestions.

Get to Hong Kong and catch Cathay Pacific (CX) down - twice daily service on A330/340 aircraft ZED Fare should be cheap...4 hour flight time.

No NO No, jumpseat on anyone to Tokyo(NRT) and ID 90 on JAL, I just got back. I was there from Oct4 to Oct 20. If you are comair or asa, non-rev to NRT. United takes unlimited JSers now, take them out of JFK or ORD direct to Tokyo.If you get stuck in NRT stay at the Washington Hotel for $30-40 w/airline ID. free transport from Airport. free transport to Narita city for beers and sushi. If you JS on DAL or non rev, you can connect on JAL, the others, UAL, etc. don't.

ID90 on JAL was $150 OW. daily, or you can Jump on CAL to Guam then Bali, but they only fly twice a week there and back, so that takes some planning and shortens your time. if you are in the Skyteam that would be a ID 95 on CAL.

although Capt U has a great suggestion, ID 75 's are way too much, I bought an ID 75 on Cathay last year from HK to Bali, it was $275 OW.

CAL is the only US carrier flying there. no one flies direct from the US.

it is rainy season now, waves are still good, drink lots of Bintang!!

That helps a lot, thank you. Only problem left is the Visa. I read the Indonesian website, and it says you need to send them two copies of the form, two pictures, a bank statement, your passport with a page empty, a copy of your airline ticket, and thirty five bucks. I can't be without my passport, as I need it for work. What a pain!

Thanks for the info.

Sadly, the Indo's are only doing to you what the US State Department does to 90% of the world's travellers...feels lousy, right?

CX need not be ID75, what about ZED fares? GUM, $275 seems like a lot - I am pretty sure I could travel cheaper on a full fare!

I was just there as I said, you don't need any sort of visa or send your passport, they do have a new visa type program at imigration.
You pay them upfront for entering the country then a tax as you exit, ten bucks.

well us americans on US carriers use ID whatever, ie. ID 90, Id 95, Id 75.

when I was in HK last year and met you, I paid 75 % of the highest unrestricted fare. that is how it is. it was at least $275 or a little more from HK to DPS. I never made it. it was full. I cashed it in for refund.

If this guy wants to fly to HK, then take CAL direct from Newark, then pay too much on Cathay.

Believe me it is cheaper the way I mentioned earlier.
I don't know what a Zed fare is, no US carrier pass bureau will know what it is either, i assume.

plus hotels are probably cheaper in Narita than HK.

just show up pay the tax, go drink lots of Bintang, surf all day, buy gifts for your friends, pay a tax when you leave, oh hike up to Mt Batur for sunset, go water rafting down the Agung river, it is rainy season, the class fours should be ripping.

Latest resources

Back