• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone been to Bali?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, I'm outta here for Bali in two days. I'm stoked. First four night will be in the Kumala Pantai and I'm hauling my own longboard (and LBFM). Will make adjustments as necessary along the way. Trip report to follow...

Guam 360, Zed's are not that new and most US airlines are starting to offer them.Saves you lots of $$ over ID90.

Howz it? Sorry Huge for not getting back to you, I stay at the Sorga Cottage for about $8. It is in Kuta, not right on the beach but, I have stayed there alot over the years.

You have your stick , so you are set, if you surf Kuta beach, go toward the middle, you'll see it break different then the rest. Toward the north, called legion, it breaks alittle different there as well. It is beach break though...

after a warm up surf, check for high tide at tubes restaurant and walk down to the south end of Kuta beach and get on the outriggers to Kuta reef or Airport lefts, it is only a couple bucks, they will wait out there for you, it is kind of a waste, you'll surf for a good two hours and then there are plenty of boats to wave down and get a ride back to the beach, it's far, it is extremely hard to paddle back after a two hour surf in headhigh conditions, it's far dude.....!

oh, Zed fares, I know they aren't new, but I have only heard of them, I don't know what US carriers have them and support the system.
I am curious and willing to learn what goes... is there info out there to find Zed fares?

Last edited:
trip report...

Ahhhhhhhhh, what a great trip!
Ended up staying in Legian on another friend's (not a surfer) recommendation. Kumala Pantai was great, but I had to pay a little extra to get around to the good breaks. Surfed the Legian beach break a few times...kinda closed out, but good fun and convenient. Day one my driver takes me to Uluwatu! Hadn't surfed in about 4 months....low tide at Ulu's about head high to head-and-a-half. Talk about having to get your legs back IMMEDIATELY! Ended up nearly putting my front teeth through whatever you call that area between your lower lip and your chin ( I know it's not "taint"). It was sort of a freak slow-speed wreck and I was bummed when I spit out a mouthful of blood, but it didn't slow me down an awful lot.
The next day was Legian and then Airport Lefts after that. Me likey Aiport Lefts! Wow, what a great break for a goofy-footer such as myself. Dawn patrol is the only way to do that place since the Japanese invasion a-la-Pearl Harbor wasn't happening to the place until about 8:30 AM. Those guys aren't all that agro anyway, just a lot of speedbumps out there. What a great break!!!!
Many, many, many Bintangs and a lot of shopping. The hotels are empty. The terrorists be danged!
Also did a few formal tours...good value there too.

Next time I'm staying closer to the airport...walking distance to the boats that take you out to Airport Lefts! Can't wait to go back!

So Huge, are there any rights there this time of year?

And skydiving guy, why not just buy a ticket? It's not that expensive and you don't have to worry about getting stuck in Bali, Japan or Guam. Good luck getting in and out of Guam on air mike. That's a tough one.

RJP said:
So Huge, are there any rights there this time of year?
Airport Rights was also good, but being goofy, I just hung with the lefts. I bet about 2/3 of the breaks in Bali are lefts.

Latest resources

Back