• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gumby

Gettin' my JERK on!
Has anyone been to 3J7? Greensboro GA.
Thoughts, comments?:smash:

Did a drop there about a year ago in a GIV. We dropped the pax (I guess there is a fancy resort plantation nearby) and then repositoned to KAHN (Athens, GA) I HIGHLY recommend Athens - had a great time there. If you are going to be there for a few days, it might be worth leaving the jet in 3J7 and driving/staying in Athens. Enjoy...........

Oh - If I remember 3J7 is uncontrolled with a shortish runway. I don't remember if there was an approach or not..

Gumby said:
Has anyone been to 3J7? Greensboro GA.
Thoughts, comments?:smash:

nice!

squeel like a pig Gumby!!

:D

Y' ain't from 'round heah, er ya? :D TC

I've been there.... small airport, nice folks, expect no real services. The town offers little unless you are at the resort. There is an instrument approach GPS I think. It was good enough for the Air Force to fly the President there for a big fundraiser before the election so you should be fine.

Man-O-Man I hope you're not going to RON....if you're going to be there much more than a day I'd recommend getting a car and driving either to Athens or ATL. We stayed there for 4 nights a few years ago for Conquistador's and it was a nightmare....of course it was in the middle of the summer but the airport was a f'n beehive and the FBO just couldn't keep up. The service was painfully slow everywhere you went. I cringe at the sight of a Church's chicken cause that's about the excitement there. If you can get the boss to spring for rooms at the resort then great...otherwise run Forrest run!

yeah been there a bunch...the one runway is around 5000..maybe a little more.. has a localizer and gps approaches, they may be working on a glidslope but not sure. not much around greensboro..everybody you fly in probably goes to Reynolds Plantation on the lake. drive up to Athens and stay at the holiday inn closest to downtown, the folks at the athens airport will know which one if you call them. it's about a 45 minute drive from greensboro to athens or if you're lucky repo..athens is awesome, a bar for every type and plenty to eat around downtown. wish i was still there.... oh yeah, there is a ritz-carlton on the lake in reynolds..you could try that.

Chocks said:
Did a drop there about a year ago in a GIV. We dropped the pax (I guess there is a fancy resort plantation nearby) and then repositoned to KAHN (Athens, GA) I HIGHLY recommend Athens - had a great time there. If you are going to be there for a few days, it might be worth leaving the jet in 3J7 and driving/staying in Athens. Enjoy...........

Oh - If I remember 3J7 is uncontrolled with a shortish runway. I don't remember if there was an approach or not..

Thanks Chocks.....Were trying to drop and leave it in ATH, but so far, resistance...Doing a rain dance now, so 3J7 isnt an option....

Latest resources

Back