Anyone Aug 17 JetBlue class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jaxgus said:
On the initial assesment the E190 pay rates are lower, especially if you look at them at face value. Please, before making a comment like "your friends actually chose the E190," consider the upgrade time and the actual pay scale at JetBlue. I appreciate your positive comments stating the airplane is going to be a winner, I tend to agree with you. Having been on the aircraft, I think the real winners will be our customers when they learn how comfortable it is. From a pilot's perspective, it looks like a really cool airplane to fly; lot's of need gadgets up front.

First, JetBlue planning a maximum upgrade rate of 10 months. Leadership did some serious math because of concers raised by our pilot population regarding the "unborn" JetBlue pilot when the rates were initially released. The math drove the maximum 10 month upgrade rate with the intent of keeping total compensation between an A320 and E190 new hire nearly equal at the expiration of their equipment lock, 2 years. Actually, the E190 new hire earns more at approximately the 11 month point based on accelerated upgrade rates. Remember, this also dramatically impacts total compensation in the form of 401(k) and profit sharing contributions.

Second, pay rates listed on airlinepilotpay.com are not necessarily indicative of the amounts earned by JetBlue pilots. JetBlue actually budgets on the "blended rate," which is a combination of base and premium pay. It is very difficult to publish a pay table based on the "blended rate" since this depends on how many hours a pilot CHOSES to fly. For budgetary purposes, JetBlue assumes 83 hours per month and the blended rate is higher than the base salary. As an example, the base A320 first year pay is $50.96 per hour, but the blended rate at 83 hours per month equals, $54.95 per hour.

The pay rates are low (required public disclaimer on this message board), but we need to prove this aircraft is going to generate more revenue then its costs. I personally believe there will be an upward adjustment to the rates once the public proves JetBlue's E190 plan is a money maker. Regardless, an E190 new hire makes more money over the course of 2 years than an A320 new hire assuming they have the same DOH.

jaxgus

Appreciate the comments and I understand that a quick upgrade time improves the situation for newhires. Unfortunately, that low FO rates (blended or otherwise) become the 100-seat pay benchmark for many other carriers - both larger and smaller than JetBlue. It becomes the justification for lower rates at the regionals (using seat number as the basis of competitive comparison) and it can be used to argue against rates at the mainline carriers for smaller aircraft. This issue has been beaten to death but it still hurts the industry in general because of the new benchmark - that's my opinion...

I agree that the E190 will be a winner for both pilots and pax. That ProLine Epic flight deck is very sophisticated and quite spacious from a recent tour. I have flown on the MDA E170s as a pax many times and I have been very impressed - the aircraft is quite comfortable - beats the heck out of any RJ and is more comfortable than most 737s and Mini-Busses. I am sure the IFE system will add to the comfort factor.

As an FO on the Bus, would you consider bidding the left seat of the E190? You seem to be a fan - plus, who wants to fly the same aircraft for the rest of your career????? Just my $0.02.

please could anyone here answer this?

does everyone so far been called and/or hired, have a 4 years degree?

elaborate abit please if you happen to have and knowledge or insight....

thanks!!

Guam360 said:
please could anyone here answer this?

does everyone so far been called and/or hired, have a 4 years degree?

elaborate abit please if you happen to have and knowledge or insight....

thanks!!

No degree here. Don't worry about it. It is not even part of the search criteria from what I understand. Maybe someone on the board can verify that.

On Your Six: As an FO on the Bus, would you consider bidding the left seat of the E190?
All 143 of the prospective E190 Captains (from our bid this past Spring) are current A320 First Officers. A fence goes up this October for 2 years locking everyone into their a/c. Therefore, anyone who didn't bid (or get) the left seat of the E190 is a/c locked until October 2007. After that point it will be a free-for-all to switch a/c types. All of us who did bid a Captain spot on the E190 will begin our 2 year E190 lock after training.

For those waiting on the call, both of my buds were military and immediately available which may have sped up the background check process.-Who knows...

Hang in there, it's worth the wait.

MP

thanks jumpseater,

been patient and trying everything, lots of time , good recs., AS dgree, but no calls.

thanks if anyone can add to jumpseaters' response...!

Anyone have the general phone number for the office. I'm looking to get in touch with a managment type who I used to fly with.

Jetjockey said:
Anyone have the general phone number for the office. I'm looking to get in touch with a managment type who I used to fly with.

Try sending them an email:

[email protected]

MP

I Did Consider the E190

On Your Six said:
As an FO on the Bus, would you consider bidding the left seat of the E190? You seem to be a fan - plus, who wants to fly the same aircraft for the rest of your career????? Just my $0.02.

I did bid the E190, but my percentage wasn't accepted. My reason for bidding the E190 was for quality of life, minimize reserve time in the A320, but I wanted to ensure when the fence was lowered I could immediately bid back into the A320. Since I didn't get awarded the E190, I get to upgrade in the A320 and sit reserve.

The A320 isn't the first aircraft I have flown and I am perfectly content to fly it for the rest of my career. The aircraft doesn't make the job, it's getting people/cargo from point A to B, this occurs in every aircraft we fly.

I chose to wait over a month to be in the first EMB190 class. I'm looking forward to good seniority (somewhere in the top 6 on the FO list) and probably no reserve. If the quick upgrade holds up, I think I made a good choice. I'm also coming from the EMB145 so I hope there's some commonality in the two aircraft. See you on the 17th!:)

Latest resources

Back