anybody know anything about AT&T???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TXAirHopper said:
I just met some folks in a bar that work for AT&T. Some how we got on the subject of flying and then they told me about their fleet. Lots of Falcons. Anyone know anything about there company (more importantly about flying for them)???

They USED to have approx. 4 Falcons, they inherited a DA-50 when they bought the wireless unit out of Seattle a few years back. I understand that one of the MMU based 2000's made the trip to SAT recently with SBC's buyout. The only thing left in MMU should be a pair of GIV's, and a S-76, which will probably be sold in the future, and most everything moved to SAT.

I know a guy who works on the SBC side and he really likes it. Would be a fantastic job but it is a very competitive place to get aboard.

Never heard a bad word spoken about SBC. I don't know about ATT prior to the merger. I imagine it will still be a great place. They have some pretty good folks over there.

Talked to one of their crews at FSI TEB. Both seemed to be top-notch and spoke favorably of the operation and the aircraft - they were on a 50EX. I was drooling over the chance to live in Central TX again but I've got a good thing going and it's a long way from where I am now. Still though, BBQ and floating down the river in New Braunfels......ahhh heaven.

What all did SBC fly before the buyout/merger?

I would cut off both testicles to get bck to San Antonio (Kerrville....mmmmmmm). Wouldn't be that much of a sacrifice. I am married so I don't own them anymore any way.

LOL

They were pretty much an all-Falcon 50 operation before the merger. I think the 900EX is in their future and possibly a 7X but don't quote me.

They also had a KSAT S-76 that was damaged by line service. It wss towed into a pothole and the boss got used to life without it so they sold it. Not sure about much else.

(Please PM me if anyone finds a KSAT or KAUS job any time soon. Desperate now... Must get home... Must...) :)

Last edited:
I believe its 3 DA-50's, 2 DA-900's, and a 7X on order. With the AT&T acquisition, that gives them aother DA-2000, and 2 G-IV's. Don't quote me on that though...

LegacyDriver said:
I would cut off both testicles to get bck to San Antonio (Kerrville....mmmmmmm). Wouldn't be that much of a sacrifice. I am married so I don't own them anymore any way.

LOL

They were pretty much an all-Falcon 50 operation before the merger. I think the 900EX is in their future and possibly a 7X but don't quote me.

They also had a KSAT S-76 that was damaged by line service. It wss towed into a pothole and the boss got used to life without it so they sold it. Not sure about much else.

(Please PM me if anyone finds a KSAT or KAUS job any time soon. Desperate now... Must get home... Must...) :)

I heard that the GIV's may not be in the big picture! SBC/SAT got onto EASy street over a year ago, so I think the DFJ toys will be there for awhile....Sorry G200...Someone likes the DFJ toys besides me....;)

Gumby said:
I heard that the GIV's may not be in the big picture! SBC/SAT got onto EASy street over a year ago, so I think the DFJ toys will be there for awhile....Sorry G200...Someone likes the DFJ toys besides me....;)

hey I like my DFJ toys too...but when you're done playing and have to really go somewhere, ya gotta put the toys away!

:)

PS might see ya over there soon...cant stay current!

Latest resources

Back