Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody have briefers giving wrong info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The_Russian said:
Ok guys...lay off. Let me tell you what was really going on today. If this guy was flying anywhere near MCO then he most likely got screwed. First off, the TFR's were not NOTAM'ed as they actually were. They times were not acurate and were ever-changing. The President moved multiple times in the past 36 hours thoughout Central and South Florida.

I landed in MCO early in the morning and asked the controller when Air Force One would be leaving and if there would be any delays resulting from it's movement. He responded with "what are you talking about" responses, and I recieved no answers. He would not even admit to me that Air Force One was there. He could not tell me that there was a TFR or a "airport closure".

On the flight out, I heard a GA aircraft check on with center going past Orlando. The man in the plane stated he checked all the Notams for MCO on WSI and saw nothing except the Disney TFR. The controller REFUSED to give him a time range, area covered, or reason for the TFR. Not one controler that day would admit the presence of Air Force One or the President. The even did their best to avoid the questions. Kinda like it was super secret.

All that said, you guys should give him a break. It was a confusing couple days down here in FL.

It is always a confusing day for you retarded Gulfstream pilots. Of course if I had bought my job I guess it wouldn't matter if I knew what the hell was going on, either. You are a monday morning quaterback, and the real aviation professionals on this board don't need you on here pissing in our ears with your nonsense. Why don't you go grab yourself some more money and get another type rating so you can take away more of the jobs those of us who did time will lose to you high school drop outs with big trust funds. You make me sick, Russian. A Whore to the aviation industry if I've ever seen one.

BrownStreak said:
It is always a confusing day for you retarded Gulfstream pilots. Of course if I had bought my job I guess it wouldn't matter if I knew what the hell was going on, either. You are a monday morning quaterback, and the real aviation professionals on this board don't need you on here pissing in our ears with your nonsense. Why don't you go grab yourself some more money and get another type rating so you can take away more of the jobs those of us who did time will lose to you high school drop outs with big trust funds. You make me sick, Russian. A Whore to the aviation industry if I've ever seen one.

You are an ignorant jack@ss, BrownStreak. Why don't you p!ss up a flagpole and quit giving this guy a bunch of crap for taking the time to explain what was going on. People like you are the second guessing, disagreeable, know it all, insufferable pains in the @ss that everyone else wishes would curl up and die. I'll bet flying with you and your king of the world attitude is a real pleasure. I am tired of everyone else's morale being lowered by your type's immature crybaby crap. If you're that bitter than why don't you go cry on your momma's tit instead of flaming people on this message board you whiny little piss ant. Russian, you are still a whore.

38tango said:
You are an ignorant jack@ss, BrownStreak. Why don't you p!ss up a flagpole and quit giving this guy a bunch of crap for taking the time to explain what was going on. People like you are the second guessing, disagreeable, know it all, insufferable pains in the @ss that everyone else wishes would curl up and die. I'll bet flying with you and your king of the world attitude is a real pleasure. I am tired of everyone else's morale being lowered by your type's immature crybaby crap. If you're that bitter than why don't you go cry on your momma's tit instead of flaming people on this message board you whiny little piss ant. Russian, you are still a whore.

suck my b a l l s you pft @sswipe. I know you came from Gulfstream and I don't care what you say you've sold your soul.

mnixon said:
Talk about going off the deep end.

One of the first things that everyone is taught in PVT GS is to get a briefing before every flight. Should we complement this info with info of our own? Absolutely, but if not given the resources, how is this suppose to happen. I check all info before each flight w/ fltplan.com, but you know what, I back it up with a call to the ole wx brief. Which should I trust, fltplan (not a government source) telling me theres a notam, or FSS ( a government source) telling me there is not? Lay off the guy. At least he is asking for help, rather than being ignorant about and hoping for the best.

I'll lay off the guy when he admits that he screwed up and is trying to pass the blame off to some one else. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a 30nm Presidential TFR will encompass another airport 7.1nm away. The cat is supposed to hold a commercial pilots certificate. Where is his responsibility? I should be glad that he didn't live in New Orleans an be demanding that the government owes him a new house and a new car too. After all, its the governments fault, right? The government didn't specifically tell him where to fly and where not to fly, after he got a briefing, so its the governments fault. He was planning a flight into an airport that didn't accept general avition aircraft, and its the governments fault because he didn't do his research?

erj-145mech said:
I'll lay off the guy when he admits that he screwed up and is trying to pass the blame off to some one else. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a 30nm Presidential TFR will encompass another airport 7.1nm away.

Your so stupid it hurts my eyes to read what you write.

ORL was open after a 1 hour delay. MCO was closed all day. The briefer specifically said MCO would be open. He was wrong. Should I have gotten into an argument with him because flyingwebsitewithadseverywhere.com said it would be closed? Ahh yes, the classic "I read it on the internet" defense...

Bro lemme tell you something, I'm the most personally responsible person I know, I don't expect anything from the govt. But when their own rules and regs state a FSS briefing is required, not to rely on other information from other sources, I get a briefing to cover my ass. When that briefing is wrong, there is no other place to turn to. Thats the purpose of this thread, to see what others have done. We all get it, you check private for-profit sites that the FAA does not endorse as a official place to get briefings.

Lets hear what others do.

Take credit for your actions, tool. You screwed the pootch, and admitted it. Now you want to blame a government bureaucrat because you don't have the basic special airspace knowledge. Presidential TFR's have been around how long? Get used to it because its not going to get any better.

Call your therapist, and cry a river of tears that you're so mistreated and abused. If your skin isn't as thick as a rhino's, you're considered a bleeder.

guys what is this? i fly outta ISM everyday and we knew about the pres. TFR a day in advance

erj-145mech said:
Take credit for your actions, tool. You screwed the pootch, and admitted it. Now you want to blame a government bureaucrat because you don't have the basic special airspace knowledge. Presidential TFR's have been around how long? Get used to it because its not going to get any better.

Call your therapist, and cry a river of tears that you're so mistreated and abused. If your skin isn't as thick as a rhino's, you're considered a bleeder.

And the collective IQ of this board drops another 20 points...

Latest resources

Back