• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody get their ALPA voting packet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the problem, just voting to vote doesn't work in this scenario. a non vote is the only way to vote no. if I vote and choose to write in IBT, myself, or the International Order of Chimney Sweeps (IOCS ROCK!), then it's really a vote for the one getting the most votes, which in this case will be ALPA.

that is why management and SAPA are telling folks to just not call at all, therefore voting 'no.'

I'm voting alright - it just might take several days of deep thought, laying out the issues item by item and whoever has the most checks in their favor in the end will win my vote... I used to be pretty opposed to ALPA, but SAPA has been pi$$ing me off pretty routinely lately....

so, are you deciding between ALPA and SAPA? not voting would be a vote for SAPA, or a vote to maintain our current structure.

so, are you deciding between ALPA and SAPA? not voting would be a vote for SAPA, or a vote to maintain our current structure.
Not so much SAPA vs. ALPA, but just ALPA in general. Fundamentally, I am not a fan of unions, but I do realize that the aviation industry is pretty unique in this category.

Yes, I would like to be represented, have a little more job protection, contract, etc, but with that also comes certain negatives which I want to think about very carefully.

Not so much SAPA vs. ALPA, but just ALPA in general. Fundamentally, I am not a fan of unions, but I do realize that the aviation industry is pretty unique in this category.

Yes, I would like to be represented, have a little more job protection, contract, etc, but with that also comes certain negatives which I want to think about very carefully.

MarineGrunt, thank you for taking this matter seriously and thinking it through. Keep in mind your Union is only as strong as its membership. Be prepared to step up as a pilot group and endure some hardship. At ASA we've had some hardship (transfer of airplanes, closure of domiciles, etc.) Due to our diligence, we've managed to work out a deal. It HAS NOT BEEN EASY. UNION MEMBERSHIP IS NOT EASY. You have to fight for what you're worth. Stay UNIFIED. I look forward to fighting beside you. Good luck.

Trojan

Here's what the current poll is on the SAPA forum:
The poll asks "did you vote?" (not sure if people are taking that as "WHAT did you vote,") but here's the results to date:

78 votes yes
63 votes no

Last edited:
L I V I N G S T O N

umm, no.

a curiosity. do you work at SkyWest, or did you used to work here? in terms of QOL, overall pay, company health and prospects for growth, how do you rank SkyWest compared to our competitors? your exhaustive lists of complaints on numerous posts here indicates that you see SkyWest in a very bad light. referencing the items listed above, how do you think we compare to Comair, ASA, Mesa, AWAC, XJET? I have friends at all except Comair, and I know how they answer. I'd like your take to compare.

Last edited:
umm, no.

a curiosity. do you work at SkyWest, or did you used to work here? in terms of QOL, overall pay, company health and prospects for growth, how do you rank SkyWest compared to our competitors? your exhaustive lists of complaints on numerous posts here indicates that you see SkyWest in a very bad light. referencing the items listed above, how do you think we compare to Comair, ASA, Mesa, AWAC, XJET? I have friends at all except Comair, and I know how they answer. I'd like your take to compare.

I know this question wasn't directed to me, but I will give you my opinion since you seem to share yours on a regular basis:

Skywest is an average place to work! They have gone from above average to average in the years I have worked there. The guys in favor of ALPA want to stop the slide. I also have friends at Comair, AWAC, XJET, and ASA. Big deal! They are all happy to have a voice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back