• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody ever have a bird strike?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had a flock of Geese take off in front of me a couple of years ago in IAD while over the threshold. Took out about 3, no damage just a bunch of dings with stuck feathers.

Also, took out a large hawk over Pit a few months ago going about 250 kts., hit the SAT probe, again no damage just stuck feathers.

Took a large canadian goose (went eh-eh instead of honk-honk) through the prop of a navajo and something on the flap cover of a CRJ. Large hawk on the wing of a 182. First two cases where a true airplane 1 Bird 0 score. Third case VERY large dent in the leading edge so I'll give the ex-bird some points for effort.

Hit one on short final in the EMB, hit right above the FO side windshield. Didnt get up close and look at it so I dont know if it dented, but lots of blood.

Took a LBF (Little Brown F-er) in the Ca window on take off the other day. It was my leg so no sweat, but he had to stare it at the whole flight!

Eeeeewwww

I hit a gaggle of geese departing LGA at night.......... had a few oven roasters when we landed.........yummy

Last edited:
I went back through my Military Logbook - at least 5 birdstrikes in a C-21 (Lear 35). I hit everything from swallows to Red Tail Hawks. The engines at them up and spit them out.

I wish you success!
William

Latest resources

Back