Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody else tired of the excuses and extensions at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
see mgt's latest update? 700/900 flights going to places where ASA will have contract mtc, hope no one breaks at the outstations, will really screw up our performance ;)

I for one am getting so sick and tired of getting extended, then notified via ACARS of an additional extension!! Getting JM calls on my vacation, having my days off moved at the whim of scheduling. If this is the way of the future I am leaving.

All we get are excuses!! When are we gonna fight this idiocy? The weather has been great, what happens when it isn't?

I looked forward to "making it through" the summer. Now were being told it will be bad again in December? Well, I guess it could be worse, we could be losing flying.

I'm done!!! I'm burned out.....

As you said, it could be worse.....I'm sure there are some CMR pilots who would gladly trade places with you.

I've been here over 16 years, and I just got integrated for a 3 day trip next weekend and I had plans...I've never been integrated for a 3 day trip in all of those 16+ years. Am I happy about it? No....But I understand that we gained some flying that we weren't expecting and I am glad we are growing instead of shrinking like many of our colleagues.

If it is really that bad, then walk the walk and quit like you said you are willing to do....

Whether we like it or not, we earned more flying, and Delta keeps moving the flying around from month to month.

Whether we like it or not, Delta is pressuring us to lower our costs by being "second most cost competitive".

Whether we like it or not, this business is very competitive right now. We are competing for a shrinking piece of the pie with smaller margins.

Whether we like it or not, ASA in the process of the largest merger ever of two regionals and preparing to more than double in size...There is a lot on the plate right now...

Stay focused, keep your eye on the prize, look down the road.....We are in better shape than most....If that doesn't work, and you have something better to do, by all means go for it....

Flame away.....

If it is really that bad, then walk the walk and quit like you said you are willing to do....

Whether we like it or not, we earned more flying, and Delta keeps moving the flying around from month to month.

Whether we like it or not, Delta is pressuring us to lower our costs by being "second most cost competitive".

Whether we like it or not, this business is very competitive right now. We are competing for a shrinking piece of the pie with smaller margins.

Whether we like it or not, ASA in the process of the largest merger ever of two regionals and preparing to more than double in size...There is a lot on the plate right now...

Stay focused, keep your eye on the prize, look down the road.....We are in better shape than most....If that doesn't work, and you have something better to do, by all means go for it....

Flame away.....
Tell that to the Judge or the families of the deceased. That's assuming you survive the accident yourself. "Tiredness kills-Take a break"

As you said, it could be worse.....I'm sure there are some CMR pilots who would gladly trade places with you.

I've been here over 16 years, and I just got integrated for a 3 day trip next weekend and I had plans...I've never been integrated for a 3 day trip in all of those 16+ years. Am I happy about it? No....But I understand that we gained some flying that we weren't expecting and I am glad we are growing instead of shrinking like many of our colleagues.

Flame away.....

Wow. I was trying to respond to this but after reading it my brain went numb.

I'm not a business major. Can someone explain this "second most cost competitive" thing? I keep hearing it from SH and the gang...and I'm lost. Serious answers please. Okay...silly ones too.

Holly crapolla, have you looked at the comment section of BH's last update on Ourasa? I'm surprised the whole thing hasn't been deleted. Even Clap Clap GO ASA is getting on the band-wagon. Some men with big brass balls putting their names to scathing criticism of the tri-fecta of Holt/Tutt/Hall! Got to give the boy credit for calling it like it is.

And, yes. It's shocking. I wonder if there will be repercussions. Our retarded cheerleader FA threw up her cool-aid. The one Captain calling out Chief H*#t, King T*#t, and (love this one because he puts Captain in quotations) "Captain" H@^^ is profoundly ballsy. We're over the edge! This whole operation is falling apart at the seams.

I ask: What in the hell is going on?!

Flame away.....

I was also going to respond but likewise my brain froze on seeing this. Maybe I can come up with something tomorrow. In any event, is there anyone who still takes this jack-ash seriously?

Hey Joe, If you want to know what we are talking about, bid reserve next month. You'll get a better understanding. Then maybe you'll reserve your snide comments.

How do you go about organizing a phone calling campaign from the reserve pilots to the MEC officers/committee members?

Maybe we should make up flyers with all of their phone numbers/email addresses listed and a bullet list of potential, reasonable remedies desired for inclusion in the next contract? Hand those out in the pilot lounges? Put them in mailboxes? Make 'em available online?

What can be DONE about it?

Phone campaign? I simply call my reps. Have them both on speed dial in the phone. They always get back to me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back