• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any tips before Saab 340B traning?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of the check airmen I've ever come across are really hung up on the autocoarsen system. It's not that complicated but expect to get questions on it ranging from what parameters are required to arm the system to tracing what systems are affected by the autocoarsen computer signal.

thanks guys for all your help. ive been studying the @#$% out of the limitations. I preety much know them inside and out. well as to the best i can. i appreciate everyones insight. this should help for my class. thanks once again.
antney

More!!!!

A while back I found a thread on Flight Info about this guys SF3 PC. He detailed a bunch of questions and specifics that were testing material at his airline. I printed it out and have used it as sort of a study guide as I try to anwser them with my AOM. Like homework that is also a refresher as I cram to go back to ground school.

Can anyone here post some questions along those lines? Such as what were you asked on tests, quizes & orals. Got any advice on remembering stuff beyond FEABLE RAT, WEBALLS, FRAIL & AFROG? What about a bit of Saab trivia or the odd fact that is interesting to know about her systems?

Thanks!

The Saab is a good airplane in general. Almost every landing in the old bird is a perfect 10......... on the richter scale :D

Still havn't figured out how to set her down softly!

Good luck with the rest of your training and have fun when you get to IOE and the line

Great airplane to fly, you'll love it. It does nothing in a hurry, but it's really a ball to fly... The initial however is the toughest I've been through so far so study hard. Have ALL of the limitations down cold BEFORE you go to school because you'll have your hands full figuring everything else out. The engine in and of itself is a great motor, however it got pretty complicated when they started hanging accessories all over to make it a turbo-prop airplane motor. I only flew A-models at Chautauqua and one of the corporate ones after that so I always longed to try out a B-model. Have fun, relax, and open wide to receive the "Old Firehose"...

:D

Antney

The others have given you a lot of good advice. The only thing I would add is this:

Make sure that the material you are studying in advance of school comes from the airline that has hired you. Do not study material from other airlines or you may find that you have to unlearn it.

Keep an open mind and pay attention. You will learn a lot of new things in a very short time, but you can hack it.

Given your background the airplane may appear to be overwhelming but it really isn't. The Saab is a pretty straight forward airplane with realitively few quirks. With regard to systems, remember, all you have to do is learn how to operate the systems, not how to build the airplane.

Good luck in your new position. There are some nice people at that little Company. If you can stand MDW in the winter you'll have fun flying there.

Unfortunately it flies like a truck.

Remember: The ignition key is in the floor.

Hey FlyChicaga, thanks for the pop quiz. I printed it out and am working on the anwsers.......Hope I will be primed and ready come Nov 3rd! I like that trivia part too.....anyone else got more???

:D

Don't panic, you will get behind the power curve. The secret to any ground school is to get enough sleep. The better rested you are the more you will retain in ground school, and the less studying you will need to do. Try to learn your memory items, and limitations before you start, that is a huge help, but if you don't no problem you will still do just fine. Don't forget to relax at the end of the day, watch a little TV and drink some beer. If all you do is study you are going to drive yourself crazy, and ware yourself down.
Good luck

Latest resources

Back