• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any RV owners/pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flown all of the above :) owning a pile of metal that will one day become a -7A (it already looks like one though)... whatcha need?

MAJIC9 said:
flown all of the above :) owning a pile of metal that will one day become a -7A (it already looks like one though)... whatcha need?

how about RV-7 versus RV-6. The -7 claims to have more room, is the -6 tight? I am 6 feet tall.

Yes, more head and leg room in the -7.. you'd be fine in a -6 as well... I'm just a bit taller and I was OK.. though, I do prefer the -7.

I have been trying to decide between a Rocket, or a Super RV-8. What kind of baggage do you have in the F1? And are there any CG problems when you do carry bags?
Thanks

With baggage (100 lbs) you obviously put the heavier stuff forward and the lighter (bulkier stuff toward the tail. Simple as that. I was at OSH last year, and took a friend from the YYJ to OSH with one fuel stop and camping gear for three nights. 7:25 flight time and no CG problems.

satpak77 said:
how about RV-7 versus RV-6. The -7 claims to have more room, is the -6 tight? I am 6 feet tall.

I'm 6'3" and flown/instructed probably 100 hours in the -6. You'll be fine... I was never uncomfortable at all. Building a -7 currently.

SIG600 said:
I'm 6'3" and flown/instructed probably 100 hours in the -6. You'll be fine... I was never uncomfortable at all. Building a -7 currently.

ok thanks!

satpak77 said:
ok thanks!

That being said... there's nothing more valuable than actually flying the thing to make up your own mind. I think you'll be happy with either though.

Latest resources

Back