Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any rumors for an American Eagle New Hire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirlinePilot777 said:
Thanks for your replies. Your honest opinions are appreciated. Sounds like things aren't perfect but at this point, I can't see it. Perhaps I will run into jerks here and there but at the end of the day I'll still be happy because any day in an ATR in San Juan is better than a day in a 172.

Happiness aint about the size or how advanced the plane you fly it. At the end of the day, it doesnt matter much anyways. At one time I thought somewhat like you did, that once I got a certain rating or bigger plane, life would be better. I have learned there is a whole lot more to life than flying, and being i a bigger plane certainly isnt going to make you a happier person.

That ATR is probably going to be no fun at all, and will be nothing but work. You will probably think back fondly of the times you were in a 172 and how much more fun you had.

Hey AirlinePilot777, don't pay any attention to the a$$holes on here. This used to be a decent place to get info. Now most of the time it's not even worth sifting through all of the crap posted by these biatches to find something of worth.

First of all, congrats. Second have fun, if your not, your not doing it right. Don't get me wrong, Eagle has problems, you've weighed them, if it's what you want then good luck. People complain all the time about SJU, that's cause there a bunch of pendejos. I had a blast. La Plazita on Friday nights is a good place to start. Then Calle San Sebastian is always a good time. If you give the people there their respect, they will return the favor. It's a great experience, if you let it be. Or you can be a disgruntled gringo just waiting to get off "the rock" and and be miserable, and be an easy target for the sanjuaneros to pummel you and kick your biatch a$$ off. Sounds like you're going to have a good time. BTW, FA's there blow the doors off of the ones here.

Good luck .I lived down in SJU a long time ago for my first job and had a great time.And one more thing commuting does suck.My move to a base after 26 yrs almost makes it a new job.

Macondo said:
Hey AirlinePilot777, don't pay any attention to the a$$holes on here. This used to be a decent place to get info. Now most of the time it's not even worth sifting through all of the crap posted by these biatches to find something of worth.

First of all, congrats. Second have fun, if your not, your not doing it right. Don't get me wrong, Eagle has problems, you've weighed them, if it's what you want then good luck. People complain all the time about SJU, that's cause there a bunch of pendejos. I had a blast. La Plazita on Friday nights is a good place to start. Then Calle San Sebastian is always a good time. If you give the people there their respect, they will return the favor. It's a great experience, if you let it be. Or you can be a disgruntled gringo just waiting to get off "the rock" and and be miserable, and be an easy target for the sanjuaneros to pummel you and kick your biatch a$$ off. Sounds like you're going to have a good time. BTW, FA's there blow the doors off of the ones here.

Love the avatar dude. :D

Good post, it's all about attitude....

Macondo said:

I flew out of SJU for Executive from 1994-1996 and had a good time. I never heard it referred to as the Rock until I joined this website. It was good experience and I enjoyed my time there.

Don't "hot sheet" in some over priced condo on the beach. Get a car and live 5 minutes from the beach and have more private space. Spend some time on the West side of the island. There is some of the best shore dives (Gas Chambers, Shacks, Borinquen Beach).

If you are single, spend more time on the island and commute the other half of the time.

The guy that commuted from DES (at least a 2-leg commute) and quit after 3 months, what a wuss! I mean, airport reserve sucks, but he created his own stress and didn't give it enough time. Don't be that guy. Make your environment and situation the best you can and enjoy your time.

Jeff

Buddy of mine starts Eagle in the Apr 25th (I think??) ground school. He'll be there till August, then take military leave for 2 years to go to Air Force training. Lucky bastard will miss reserve and everything. When he comes back, he'll probably have the seniority to hold any equipment and domicile he wants. Who knows where Eagle might be in 2 years? I hope things speed up for him. GOOD LUCK DB!!!

If he goes on military leave he will still be seat locked when he returns. He will also stillbe on probation I believe. You are correct he will be off reserve though. My advice would be to go someplace where he can hold Captain or almost hold Captain when he returns from military leave 2 years gone from Eagle will only get you close to a decent line on the jet in most bases. Remember right now it takes OVER 5 oops 6 YEARS seniority to hold Captain right now on a turbo prop. I just got displaced back to the right seat of the jet and I had 5 years 11 months. Gonna go see if the grass is greener someplace else.

Been at Eagle 7 months. Happy, like it, glad to have the job.
You will be too, and the whiners will keep on whining.

Congratulations on getting through the process!

pacsky72 said:
Been at Eagle 7 months. Happy, like it, glad to have the job.
You will be too, and the whiners will keep on whining.

Congratulations on getting through the process!

Perhaps the whiners are unhappy after being displaced twice from the left seat. After 6 years all they can hold is the right seat of the jet. 7 months and you are still loving having your first airline job after 70 months your attitude starts to change.

I work at Eagle and am happy. The people I know that are new hires that are generally happy with life are still happy, the people that are generally disgruntled in life, well....

Commuting out of DSM for reserve every day? Haha. I live in DSM and pay for a crashpad. Of course, I'm also sane (or at least that's what the voices tell me). Sounds like your friend wasn't taking his job too seriously. We were told of someone doing exactly that in class, out of DSM no less, who got canned when he missed an assignment, then acted like it was no big deal to the chief. Is it the same guy? I don't know, and I don't care, but the guy sounds like he made a poor choice commuting daily anyhow.

I can fully understand the plight of the 6 year FO, but for a new hire I'm content. AA should stop furloughs (hopefully) altogether, attrition will always be a factor, and there's still new jets through July. That adds up to me getting off reserve and moving down that 6-7 year captain wait. Anyone who judges where an airline will be in 5 years by current circumstances deserves what they get.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back